Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: DonG, tried out my new hat today

Post Thanks / Like

Default DonG, tried out my new hat today

It's a lot more "holely" than my old straw hat so it lets in more air, don't know how it will work keeping the sun off my balding head tho. Not chin strap but the sweat band grips your head, still have to take it off when running the big motor plus the band is hot but think I like it better than the old one. Got it at WM, made in China and says for 14 years old and above.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-t...t-new-hat.html
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    It's a lot more "holely" than my old straw hat so it lets in more air, don't know how it will work keeping the sun off my balding head tho. Not chin strap but the sweat band grips your head, still have to take it off when running the big motor plus the band is hot but think I like it better than the old one. Got it at WM, made in China and says for 14 years old and above.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-t...t-new-hat.html
    Steve, we are having a hat discussion on the Main VA Board under "Left them biting"..Check it out...

That is a good looking hat..When does the bidding start on your old one?Rofl All of the straw hats I have looked at are too stiff for me...Is your new one like that...?

Let me know how you like it..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

It pretty stiff and around the sweat band is pretty hot but I need a few more trip before I make up my mind. I told WB I would sell him my old straw fish catching hat for $50. The best thing about it is the larger holes that lets more air to my head.
    Recommended sunscreens. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SkinCar...ry?id=13674815
    Last edited by SteveJ; 06-15-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

After fighting squamous cell from Dec-April I strictly follow Dr Doris' orders...I slap on Banana Boat Ultra Defense prior to leaving the house. I like it because it is not greasy & has no smell..

Keep me posted on the hat..

Post Thanks / Like

I wear a wide brim hat and long sleeves for golf and fishing, plus, use Banana Boat Sport Performance, SPF 50 or Panama Jack. I, too, have had several surgeries for skin cancer and the skin Doc promises that I ain't "done" yet, but I can slow it down with proper protection. Don't put it on once and forget about it, you need to re-apply every 2 or 3 hours. Also, don't forget good, polarized sunglasses, wrap arounds preferably, ole Mister Sun damages your eyes also!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

After a few more trips with my new hat I think I like it pretty good, the sweat band does soak up the sweat and is not too hot. Sunscreens, I usually put cream on my face and have a bottle of Walgreen 70 Sport Spray that I use on my arms. I will not be getting any more spray as the spray can does not work right any way except when it is held up-right. Will go back to the cream on my arms. Don I know you check on the MS board too but we have been catching some nice fish pulling CB's on Okatibbee, they are bigger and thicker than the last 5-6 years. They lifted the 10" limit this year and I don't know if it helped, we had been catching a lot of dinks and they were very thin, or the 4 years of low water. Maybe a combo of the two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    After a few more trips with my new hat I think I like it pretty good, the sweat band does soak up the sweat and is not too hot. Sunscreens, I usually put cream on my face and have a bottle of Walgreen 70 Sport Spray that I use on my arms. I will not be getting any more spray as the spray can does not work right any way except when it is held up-right. Will go back to the cream on my arms. Don I know you check on the MS board too but we have been catching some nice fish pulling CB's on Okatibbee, they are bigger and thicker than the last 5-6 years. They lifted the 10" limit this year and I don't know if it helped, we had been catching a lot of dinks and they were very thin, or the 4 years of low water. Maybe a combo of the two.
    Steve, Billbob and I are coming down your way in 2-3 weeks..Any chance that I could tag along and watch the show...You know I am a thump man but I do enjoy seeing new methods of catching fish..

At Enid last Fall Billbob and I were trolling crank baits using planer boards....Billbob sat back and watched..Rofl It wore me out..

Have a good 4th....

I have been seeing the pictures on the MS board..One picture looks like someone stomped your hat....RoflRofl

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

ScottV probably stomped it, lol Don, I went down to Okatibbee back in May and pulled crankbaits with the geezers.....I had a ball. If you and billbob go to Okatibbeee let me know in advance and I might just hook the boat up and come on dow and fish with you guys.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep