Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harlan water temps?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harlan water temps?

Does anyone know what Harlan's water temp is as of recently?
    Thanks in advance.
    Even better has anyone on accident or on purpose caught bluegill shallow lately and are they on their beds?

My only updates are crappie at Sherman, Davis, and Calamus are in post spawn areas and seem to be just now showing up to those areas. Kinda late uh?
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Lately, I've been seeing bluegills still on their beds at most of the Sarpy county lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week the bluegill males were on the beds yet. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Lake needs some fish attractors, some brushpiles. The state agency doesn't build any habitat I've been told, sink your own, become a landlord with your new crappie condo's. They really do pay off! Or better yet start riding you DNR and get them to start doing it, talk with COE's to see if you can place them and have others help beef up piles.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

The gills were still on the beds as of last Friday, the last day I've been able to get out to go fishing.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2610 View Post
    The gills were still on the beds as of last Friday, the last day I've been able to get out to go fishing.
    I can confirm that. Went fishing again this afternoon, my last trip for the month, once again the bluegills were still on the beds. But its been a pretty cool summer so far in Nebraska, rain might have played a role in that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Lake needs some fish attractors, some brushpiles. The state agency doesn't build any habitat I've been told, sink your own, become a landlord with your new crappie condo's. They really do pay off! Or better yet start riding you DNR and get them to start doing it, talk with COE's to see if you can place them and have others help beef up piles.
    Doc,

Just as a FYI….If your speaking about Harlan, there are at least three “fish attractors/brush piles” that I’m aware of. Specifically the cedar tree reef that was created outside of Patterson Cove to the west was a project funded and carried out by the NGPC. I was part of the personnel who carried out the reef project and can vouch that the NGPC does place fish attractors in Harlan when ample funding and time is available. Also, I would agree that anyone who cares to add to existing reefs do so or even create new ones.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer