Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Reelfoot Lake Crappie

Reelfoot Lake Crappie Fishing in June 2011

Apparently due to the high water this spring Reelfoot Lake fisherman are having a wonderful year catching White Crappie during the spawn this month.

These were caught today and over the last 20 days me and my clients have caught about 850 nice crappie using jigs and minnows - great year on Reelfoot Lake and it's not over yet.

Over the next few weeks its even going to get better in the deep water area of the lake around logs and deep stumps - todays catch is below:

Name:  06-08-2011.JPG
Views: 10348
Size:  127.6 KB

Name:  06-08-2011 a.JPG
Views: 3716
Size:  131.9 KB
    Al Hamilton
    Professional Crappie Guide
    50 years in the Business
    Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee
    731-446-3990
    www.ReelfootLakeGuide.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Al. Gonna have to get back down there one of these years. Fished the Foot in April a couple years ago, but the winds and weather limited when/where we could fish. Thanks for posting.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot can be good; but I've talked to alot of folks who've gone there and been there twice myself, and that's gotta be the worst "you shoulda been here last week" lake I've ever seen . It's usually weather-related, just like the post above. I know if I'm going to travel, I'd rather head further south where the fishing's a bit more reliable.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot Lake is rated as the best Crappie fishing lake in Tennessee and the mid west to the south east - none better day in and day out.
    Sure the weather always has input into catching fish at Reelfoot Lake the same as all lakes plus you got to know how to fish. I give crappie fishing lesson every time I take someone on a trip - "Knowledge" is the key to catching crappie on any lake - Reelfoot Lake is no different.

I crappie fish about 200 days a year now and have guided for a lively for over 50 years on Reelfoot Lake (Crappie-Bluegill-Bass) and in Florida saltwater (Snook-Redfish-Tarpon). Plus I have taken thousands of clients from all over the United States on a fishing trip of a life time at Reelfoot Lake. "There is none better than Reelfoot Lake in Northwest Tennessee".

I caught these nice Reelfoot Crappie this morning by 9:00 am with my grandson Drake - he is only 6 and knows alot about crappie fishing on Reelfoot Lake - he is even teaching people every day what you have to do to catch crappie on the "Foot".

Name:  Drake Crappie.JPG
Views: 3001
Size:  117.0 KB Name:  Crappie Drake.jpg
Views: 4037
Size:  46.1 KB
    Al Hamilton
    50 years in the Business
    Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee
    731-446-3990

Post Thanks / Like

hey al, ever heard of a legendary guide on reelfoot from the ole days by the name of soup moore.
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Post Thanks / Like

great pics- great fish. Thanks for sharing!
    Eric W.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windstone View Post
    hey al, ever heard of a legendary guide on reelfoot from the ole days by the name of soup moore.
    Soup Moore was a old time pusher on Reelfoot Lake - many years ago
    Al Hamilton
    50 years in the Business
    Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee
    731-446-3990

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Al,,check your messages,,dad gone its been a long time no seein you or hearin from you,,Chuck Evans from Indiana here,,check your messages! Hope your doing ok.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot Lake Update on 06-10-2011

Well - Crappie fishing is still great
    Caught these this morning with clients in the Davis Bend area of the lake - near the Moultrie Field
    Using jigs and minnows in about 10 feet of water - the June spawn is on - some nice slab are being caught
    Fished from 05:00 am until about 10:00 am - clients had a wonderful time - they had never seen any thing like it.

Name:  DSC03096.JPG
Views: 2594
Size:  73.1 KB Name:  DSC03157.JPG
Views: 2221
Size:  88.4 KB

Hey Chuck how are you doing ? will email you later
    Al Hamilton
    50 years in the Business
    Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee
    731-446-3990

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing just great,,,got your email,,will reply,,hey everybody,,you need a good guide and a great time of fishing or duck hunting,,go with Al...as HE IS,,a REELFOOT LEGEND in his own right..and a great fisherman and hunter to boot,,Al,,,and I,,go all the way back to the early 70's,,,but,,we lost track of each other for about the last 20 or more years,,as life's paths created different trails for us both..and crappie.com,,just this week,,made the circle go completely around..I can tell alot of stories about Al and Reelfoot and some of our escipades...and make him red faced alittle,,,lol,,But seriously,,if your looking for southern hospitality,,great food around a great lake,,with excellent fishing and the right person..Al Hamilton is one of the best to book a trip with be it fishing or duck or goose hunting. And if he gets to know you realllll good,,,he might steer you into a little deer hunting as well..Western Tennessee is a real pretty country as well..well,,I have rambled enough,,keep the faith!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast