Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Marine Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marine Batteries

I went out to get the boat ready for this year and found a dead battery. I'm looking for a good priced marine battery any reccomendations.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting battery or trolling motor? Depends on how you use your boat also. I spent the big bucks and got a blue top last fall from sears.

Post Thanks / Like

for the money,it's hard to beat the big yellow everstart starting/deep cycle.about 65 bucks at walmart.plenty of power,and long life.ithat's my choice and the top choice of many people i know and fish with.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up batterys

i ahave used walmart batterys in my boat one is six years old still holds a good charge and i can troll 5 hrs before it slows down a lot ,my main reason for buying from walmart.if i have problems with something they will usally take it back.plus if your out of town on a fishing trip there is a walmart around some where close by.i vote for the walmart battterys.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default ditto

cant go wrong with the everstarts. Ive run one pretty hard on a 12volt system for 8 hrs and the battery still had more juice then I did.

Sowbelly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Along with eveyone else I got a EverStart battery from Walmart. I think it was around $60-65. I got a deep cycle trolling battery. Best part is it is a no maintenance battery. Do yourself a favor and go to wally world.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

greenwing_jd Guest

Default marine battery

We too have an everstart battery. We just bought a new battery charger and the first thing you have to do is set what type of battery it is: wet, gel or AGM. Does anyone know how to determine this? There is nothing obvious on the battery that we can tell, and an internet search has given me nothing nore than what these 3 types are. Any help would be appreciated! I guess if it's gel and you charge it too fast you can ruin it.

Thanks in advance!