Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips and techniques for on the water use

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips and techniques for on the water use

There are many tips utilized by fisherman to catch fish, and I cannot remember them allDoh. So since I'm relatively new to jig fishing and less than 5yrs of crappie fishin im thinking of making some small flip cards to keep with me.
    Such things im looking for are:
    dark water dark colors, bright sunshine best colors, muddy water??? How to fish a jig, countdown etc.
    etc, etc and anything else you guys use to help find and catch fish.

I will laminate these to make them waterproof. Any info is greatly appreciated.Thumbs Up

tom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

Havent seen flip cards on the water yet Tommy

Confidence and T.O.W. is all you need.....

Time on the water...................
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Keep hook wet.
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of being considered a ********, I suggest reading back through the old posts. Once you find it, record the location and you can refer back to it for more background information. Much of the crappie wisdom from thousands of years of fishing experience is contained there and it came from all states and areas that produce crappie . Use the search function if you wish to shortcut your search. Other similar threads are always located at the bottom of the pages. Good luck.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-05-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: pursuant to new site rules

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Lot of this stuff your asking about is already provided if you will schroll down below main column page to Archives- things we don't want to loose. Enjoy! I go back to it all the time and refresh myself. Tenncrappie

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Confidence
    Life jacket
    Two tone jigs or plastic
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I had tried to do something similar myself, sort of a cliff notes to fishing that I could review. I found that there were too many variables to make a dummies guide.
    The best thing I found is to go fishing and keep a diary or log from each outing. I have found that each lake is different and there is no universal rule to figuring it out. Learn each lakes subtle nuisances and record them. Sometimes I've caught more fish on what the experts say wont work as opposed to what will.

The best time to fish is when you can. Worst time is when you can't. Its all a crap(pie) shoot from there.
    Good luck and keep me posted of your success, I'd be interested in your results.

Kb
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's a good idea tommy...especially if that works for you....

I've always said I was going to start a journal similar to what some guys use...but I never have...my own loss for being lazy....

Any information (from successful experiences past) that can be recalled (from any technique) is just another tool one can use to be a more successful fisherman....

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, I forgot about the archives pages here, Will do that.
    Tom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

I would advise, if you are new or new to crappie fishing techniques. Don't try to learn them all at once. Pick a technique and stick with it, learn it, master it, and then move on. I grew up fishing a float and minnow like most of us, when I wanted to learn to jig, I got a jig pole, box of jigs, and that would be all I took with me to the lake. Some days were very slow, some days yeilded limits, but I gave myself no choice but to learn what I was doing. Crankbaits, long line trolling, spider rigging, so on, all the same way.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast