Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Acton of 05 and Rush Run

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Acton of 05 and Rush Run

Hey Roberta how ya been? I havent posted for 6 months. I used to talk to you all the time last year about Acton. Anyways last year I finally caught what I'd call a slab at Hueston Woods. It was 13 1/2" I sent a pic in to the state and got a certificate. Last year was a great year for crappie up there for us. Best day was 22 brought home between 10 and 12, along with the slab. The slab was caught in early May.

Also went up to Rush run this past Saturday and fished for only about an hour. I caught 1 that was 16" Pretty nice rainbow for rush run. Talk atcha soon and good this year on the Slabs. I cant wait, only a few more weeks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Back at ya

We didn't do very well at Acton last year, but then, we didn't go down there as often as in the past. Dan at Dan's Sport Shop in Camden said a guy brought in a couple of 16 inchers he caught at the dam last spring. I don't think we caught anything over 11".

Sounds like you found one of the leftover trout from last fall. The sate said the largest they released this month was 13". They sure are fun to catch - and good to eat. I'm hoping we can get down there this weekend. Sunday is our anniversary, and I think goofing off is a swell way to spend it:-) - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Question Doug wants to know...

...what did you catch the trout on? - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

1/8 oz rooster tail. some brown color. Caught it by the rocks on the west shore

Post Thanks / Like

We do real well there on Roostertails -usually the firetiger color. Sounds like you were in one of our favorite spots. Thanks. - Roberta