Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally got a little boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default finally got a little boat

hey guys. registered on here a while back but haven't posted or fished much since.
    hopefully i will be able to contribute and have a few fishing stories now.
    it ain't much but i finally bought a boat. not too pretty but its paid for.

its a 1962 14' aluminum boat, with trailer and a 1982 johnson 25. runs good.
    hope to get a trolling motor for fathers day.

have really enjoyed the fishing stories and pics. this site is great.
    i live in irvington alabama and plan on fishing the mobile tensaw delta, up tensaw and mobile rivers to the i-65 area, as well as some of the smaller creeks in south mobile county.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Enjoy it. I'm a jon boat kind of guy, too.

Good luck!

EricW
    Eric W.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your boat, sounds like it will be just right . Look forward to reading your reports. Be sure to post some pics of your catch.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Congrads on your new boat and this is what I say about my somewhat vintage boat, it catches me crappie and after all these years I AIN'T HAD ONE FISH COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LOOKS OF MY BOAT........Hands ClappingHands ClappingThumbs Up
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gongrats on the new ride. My first boat had 4 BIG holes in it I had to fix, one big enough to drop a baseball thru. Caught lots of fish out of it. I made a switchbox for my motor that made a lot of difference in the ease of fishing out of that boat. Power leads in to a switch, one side of the switch gave me constant power, and the other went thru a momentary button on top of the little box the switch was mounted in. On the side of the box was a couple of good size bolts to attach the TM leads to. With this in line you just had to push the TM in the direction you wanted to go and step on the button and it quits when you release. I made a mount for the front center of the boat, removed the bolt under the head of the TM and turned it around and put it back and left it set on low most of the time. Once you can spend less time controlling the boat and spend more time fishing, you'll learn fast and catch lots more fish. I haven't used mine in a few years, but it worked so well I can't bring myself to get rid of it, or the transom mount TM that gets used with it. Good luck, many big fish and tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like my dream boat,happy fishin

Post Thanks / Like

My first boat was a 1961 Richline with a 1964 Johnson 33 hp. I thought I was in heaven. We fished, skied, picknicked, joy rode, in that old boat. Since then, I am in my 32nd boat. You got to start somewhere. Enjoy the boat and when you can without breaking the budget, move up. I have had some rather humble rides over the last 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the boat.. My first boat was a 12 foot jon with no troll motor. I still have the same boat today.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the boat. We all got to start somewhere. After you have had it for awhile you will know what kind of updates you would like to have according to your fishing style. Enjoy and keep us posted to your success with it. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

wow, thanks for all the replys, i already love the little boat and have not even fished it yet. cranked it today before work and it cranked on the first pull.
    one more night shift and then a week off. now i have to figure out how to do pics, wife just bought a new digital camera.

i posted this on the bream section but it showed up on crappie forum also, thanks mods.
    most of my past fresh water fishing i have targeted bluegill and shell crackers, but after reading this board i want to try the crappie also.

good fishing everybody and have a happy memorial day, thanks veterans, we appreciate you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast