Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Worst Spring for fishing for me in 50 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Spring for fishing for me in 50 years.

While I have been able to catch Crappie as long as I could get to my fishing spot...I fish form the bank...I have done great on Crappie but the Bluegill fishing in the TWRA lakes in Middle TN has not turned on yet. I was at Laurel Hill Lake today and at VFW Lake also and I was the only one at either lake. I caught 2 Bluegill...and they were small. Laurel Hill Lake is a premier Bluegill lake and it is a mystery to all who fish it as to what is going on. The same at some other bigger lakes with the Bluegill and Shellcracker. Went to Dale Hollow when the Shellcracker bite was supposed to be on and rented a boat and caught one huge Gill and one nice Shellcracker. Now they are biting and I have spent my budget...oh well.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Outside of the first week in April visit to Grenada lake mine has been crummy also with all the water we've had in NWArkansas. I'm tired of fishing in the tops of trees and the water looking like the Muddy Mississippi.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

It could have something to do with all the storm fronts that have been going through the area.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can blame mother nature for a lot of it. This has been a wild spirng, the fish have been active since early spring, but the bite has been different every time out, around this area. Rain, wind, front after front, I hope we don't have a summer like I think we are going to.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    I think you can blame mother nature for a lot of it. This has been a wild spirng, the fish have been active since early spring, but the bite has been different every time out, around this area.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Rain, wind, front after front, I hope we don't have a summer like I think we are going to.
    I'm worried about this as well. Bad start...
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We caught these Tuesday morning pulling crankbaits at Okatibbee lake in MS. Name:  Okatibbee May 2011 015.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  87.9 KB The ironing board wouldn't hold all of them either......Name:  Okatibbee May 2011 014.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  49.3 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

All the rain we've had recently has cooled the water temp significantly. Could be part of the problem.
    "They bitin' up river on that topwater"