Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Krajenka (Slabsrus) needs your help. Please read.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frank Krajenka (Slabsrus) needs your help. Please read.

Lets all root Frank on, and give him support for the fine deed he is about to undertake. The below was written by Frank.

"The feat that I am going to accomplish in August has never been done before. In fact, from what I can find it has never been attempted. And yet, at the age of 46, not only am I going to attempt it, I will succeed

I will succeed, and I will help.

I will help in the fight against cancer. A disease which has, or will affect every one of us.

I have lost family members to this horrible disease.

I have family and friends who are survivors, and, I have a friend who is currently going through treatment for throat cancer.

I will succeed. I will help. And with your assistance and generosity, we can help together.

On August 13, at approximately 2:00am I will be getting on my bicycle near Manistee Michigan at the shore of Lake Michigan. I will ride my bicycle 100 miles to the town of Grayling Michigan. Once I reach Grayling, sometime after daybreak on Saturday, I will get off my bicycle and get into my kayak for a 120 mile paddle down the length of the Ausable River to the shore of Lake Michigan near the town of Oscoda. Not only will I accomplish this, I will do it non stop, making the complete trip in less then 48 hours.

If you would like to join me for part of my journey, visitors are welcome on their bikes or in their kayaks, or just anywhere along the route to offer encouragement during any portion of my adventure. In fact it would be much appreciated to have someone to help pass the time. Especially during portions of the kayak trip.

The American Cancer Society has graciously allowed me to link this event to their Relay For Life website as a post event event. Please follow the link attached or go to relayforlife.org and look for my personal or team page at the Roscommon County Relay for life event page. Look for team Michigan Coast 2 Coast 4 a Cure.

With your assistance and generosity we can make a difference. We can save lives.

Please spread the word and make your donation today.

Donating is simple and safe, just follow this link below to my personal and team page at the American Cancer Society.

Thank you for your support

Frank Krajenka"

You can help support Frank and his efforts by contributing above, or you can optionally buy one of Franks Crappie.com T-shirts, and I will donate the profits to Franks cause.
    Last edited by Slab; 05-24-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! Frank what an awsome thing you are doing. My church is also involved in the relay for life group and we have a support ministry called Compasionate Hearts that helps buy medication, pay for transportation, buy groceries, keep kids in school or daycare for suffering families and so on... Its a tough ministry to be a part of but definitly worthwhile. How awsome is that !!! Good luck and we will say a prayer for you on your journey.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife is a 21 year cancer survivor.. We both take part in the Relay for Life.

Frank, it is a great thing you are doing and I know you will be successful....Thumbs UpThumbs Up

We will be pulling for you...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Frank, I wish you a safe journey on this GREAT trip you are about to embark on. My grandmother was a 20 year cancer survivor before her death in 2000 (heart attack). I wish I could help with a donation, but times are tight around the house. Good luck, and we'll keep you in our prayers!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Frank you are a man with a huge heart. This is a great thing you are doing. May GOD Bless you my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

my prayers are with you
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

Post Thanks / Like

We held a womanless beauty pageant for Relay, I thought that was a big deal! Good luck Frank, truly a great task ahead of you. Prayers will for sure be with you!

Post Thanks / Like

When you talked about this at our spring SlabFest I thought you were just crazy, but now I know you are a crazy BIG hearted man my friend. I would be honored to support you and a great cause both financially and psychologically. I have visions of Forrest Gump going through my head...a whole floatilla on the river! I have the date marked on my calendar and youj might just run into me along the route somewhere. Good luck and safe trip. Oh, by the way stay off any wet grass between now and then..LOL.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Frank, Thanks for undertaking the trip to help fight cancer. It seems like every family is touched by the disease. You can count on a donation from Donna and I, also prayers will be lifted for you during your awesome trip. Gods speed.
    "FISHING SEEMS TO BE THE FAVORITE FORM OF LOAFING" - Ed Howe

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great donations and encouragement. With just under 3 months left until the big event I am getting more anxious everyday. It is so nice to see all the wonderful people who are willing to help out. I will succeed! I will help! Together, we can make a difference!
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast