Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone else

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Anyone else

in N/WI finding the fish "out of sorts" this year. Wallys OK, panfish I was wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Well, I mean, I haven't been up there since the WI opener... but that week they were definitely all over the place.

Went for crappies in a known crappie bay, slammed the pike on crappie and walleye rigs, regardless.

For the first time ever on that lake i ended up with more pike than crappies.

I'll be up there again this weekend... have some ideas on where to go depending on the water temp.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather has really played a factor so far this year. I'm up on the Winnebago system now (yay for internet access at the public library). The Whitebass and Walleye have been running like mad when the weather is decent. When the weather not great you can't buy a fish. Crappie have been doing their usual of getting into the warmer channels to start looking for places to bed. As soon as the weather turns they get lockjaw.
    pour'em-paint'em-tie'em-fish'em-stick'em-fry'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear, I was beginning to think it was me!

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the same pattern here in the Hayward area. The fish were in the shallows for opener, in the warmer water areas. The 27th of May back in the deep water. Weather patterns of rain and cool nights do not help.

Post Thanks / Like

The week after open, crappie were super shallow AND deep. I went to my favorite lake last week and saw 3 on beds and picked one up chasing bait in the bay, and saw others in 15 fow suspended over weeds. Just last week I heard some musky were spawning - that should have been done a month ago! What a weird year we're having. I would pay $ for 5 solid days of sun and 80 degrees. Maye that would get everything moving right along.