Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend at Weiss ...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Weekend at Weiss ...

Spent Friday thru Sun morning on Weiss ....
    Friday was 60deg air ... 60deg water temps ... sunny to partly cloudy ... winds were 8-10mph from SW. (got a little sunburn on my hands :D ) Caught 40 10-12" keepers ... Little River area ... longline trolling with 1/16oz jigs and 1/32oz jigs w/small sinker added up the line. Colors & color combinations ran the gambit, so no particular color stood out as more productive.
    Sat. was 57 deg air .... 58 deg water temps ... overcast/ windy, with NE winds at 10-12mph. Caught around 40 (got a little windburn action, too )
    Sunday was 52 deg air temps ... 56 deg water temps ... drizzle rain/sleet during the 1/2 day we spent on the water. We managed around 20 keepers.

Here's what the Little River area looked like on Friday. When you see the boats gathered in one area, like they are in this pic ... you know the fish are there :D (and what you can't see, is there are about 40 boats in this general area):

Here's the average size we were catching, shown off by my fishing partner:

Here's the results of Friday:

Friday's sky & wind is shown in this picture of the creek where JR's Marina is located:

Sundays weather, as seen looking out of the creek towards JR's Marina:

Thanks go out to Richard Greene for his hospitality & guidance ...& Joe Greene & Jason Tucker (JR's Marina guides) for their helpful hints.
    Give Weiss a week of >60deg weather, and the spawn will be on, bigtime !!
    If you go .......... luck2ya ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the pics, only a red X. Sounds like a great trip though, Congrats on those slabs.
    Last edited by pstone; 03-20-2006 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and some beautiful scenery crappiepappy. Glad to hear that you had a great time.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pstone ....

Quote Originally Posted by pstone
    I can't see the pics, only a red X. Sounds like a great trip though, Congrats on those slabs.
    You should be able to see the pics ... the "red X" would indicate that the pics are no longer "on-line" (and they still are). The "red X" may also indicate that you have a program set to block the photos. Right Click on the "red X" and then click on "show picture" ... and see if that brings the pictures up. If it doesn't, your computer is set to block images .... or a security feature is set on a high level ... or something Maybe one of our resident computer geeks knows why, and will give us the proper terminology and a way to fix it so that you can view the posted pics. (are you able to see ANY posted pics, or is it just a problem with these in this post ??)

And, yes ... considering the weather conditions, I do consider it a pretty good trip. ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I can see them now, I was having technical difficulties last night. My internet was all screwed up in the storm. Nice looking fish, congrats again.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy trolling??????never heard of such!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-21-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face ya caught me !!

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy
    Crappiepappy trolling??????never heard of such!
    Yeah, it wasn't what I'd have "rather" been doing ... but, as I was a guest, I did what the "Capt" suggested. :D
    I did get to shoot some docks, though ... LOL!! But, seriously ... I have no major aversion to trolling. I just prefer to cast. I've caught some nice fish, trolling ... but, don't do it often enough to warrant setting up the boat for that style of fishing. But, "when in Rome" ...... :p ........... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Great Looking photos!!!!!
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Good post and pictures CP. Sounds like you & Paul had a great time.
    It's been a few years since we have been to Weiss but I would sure like to be there right now.
    Catch-u-lat'r
    B&Z

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say you did great. Sounds like you had a nice weekend wettin' yer line. I'm thinkin' bout "shootin' some docks" during the week next week. With my new trolling motor, it makes it SO much easier to do it. That ole wooden oar just skeered all my fishies when I used to try it.

Did you rent a place there on Weiss or just put in each day? One of my fav vacations was renting a place on Kerr Lake and just breezin on down to the dock, hopin' in the boat and goin' WHENEVER I felt like it....day and/or night.
    Of course, it was a once in a lifetime deal. Hubby hated it and said NIX to any future ideas of vacations like that....it was fun while it lasted tho!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast