Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Wa Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wa Report

Sorry for the long post

Headed out on the big lake around 2pm yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon run'n and gun'n, marking every piece of major structure and cover as waypoints on the GPS. I found some pretty amazing structure in a section of the south lake that I'd never really checked out before. Huge sunken trees, steep drop-offs, and humps all in the same place. So I mark it as a waypoint then turn around to cruise over it again when I mark a HUGE school of fish suspended at 14 feet of 37.5 feet water.

I pounded those fish with every color jig I had in my box (over 30 colors) before I found one that worked. I only managed to get two of those bad boys out of there but they were nice! The second one would have easily went over 2lbs. I don't know if it was all that sun we had over the weekend or all the heavy boat traffic where I was but those fish were tight lipped like I have never seen before. If anyone knows where to get good bait right now please send me a PM. I couldn't find any bait yesterday so I had to use Gulp Maggots. I know I could have caught more with good fresh bait.

I'm going to hit that area again next weekend but this time it'll be early in the morning before the speedboaters wake up:D. Water temps where at 47* in most of the coves.

I also went to three of the biggest spawning areas to check them out. They were devoid of life any were near the shallows lol. I found a few small schools scattered outside of each area in 22-31 feet hanging pretty tight to wood pilings. It looks like the young males are slowly starting to stage but for the most part the bigger schools are still out in the big water. I'd guess that maybe in another 2 or 3 weeks they'll be stacking up outside the spawning areas or points near by.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Ive been meaning to get a GPS for a while because Im sure it has a better memory than me! I havent fished in a while...as soon as it starts to warm up ill be out there everyday. We should get a flotilla going on somewhere when it heats up.
    My dad has some guppies if you want to use them for bait:D

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's still pretty tuff fishing out there right now. At least I got a couple to bite. The last few times out I ended having to fish for perch just so I didn't go home skunked lol.

Those Comet feeder fish at PetCo are looking really good right now:D. I'd bet those crappie would suck one of those bad boys down in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

what kind of bait were you lookin for? i think i might know hwere those sunken trees were at too. nice job stickin with it and gettin those fish!

Post Thanks / Like

i think u can get maggots and mealworms at lincs tackle by chinatown

Post Thanks / Like

Well tell us when you are going to go out again I would not mind chasing you around...
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

On washingtonlakes.com there are people claiming to have caught walleye and channel catfish as well as witnessing a sturgeon being caught in one day. I seriously doubt these reports, are there really catchable fisheries in the lake of any of these species, i mean i know a few might exist but can any be consistently caught?

Post Thanks / Like

i've been hearing more and more about the walleye in the lake. i think the population of fish is getting larger fast. you have caught some out of there right slab?
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

yea i know for a fact that the sturgeon report is not true. there are channel catfish in lake washington and also walleye just got to know where to find them, that last piece of information is not given up too easily by the people that know

Post Thanks / Like

WDFW a few years ago found a 200 pound dead sturgeon in lake washington......
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast