Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Todays catch 11/03/04

Post Thanks / Like

Default Todays catch 11/03/04

Have a few days off so I went get Deacons 10 ft. john boat and put it behind my truck . I went to the sandy cove pit got out there at 10 o'clock wasn't geting bit for an hour of fishing so I decided to try bass fishing after a few casts I got stuck on something under the water in about 6' after getting the bait off I tried a sacalait jig about 5' under a cork on this structure I ended up catching 20 keepers 10 were over 14" I missed about 10 more trying to lift them in the boat cause I forgot the net. I'm going back tomorrow with a net.
    frying them up right now. Deacon thanks for letting me use the boat I will bring it back when the fish turn off.lol
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve,

Sound like you had a great day. I would have enjoyed being there and glad you worked on them. Keep it up and maybe Ole Deacon will take a few days off and pitch in with a little backup...LOL
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip. What does the water level in the basin look like at Butte LaRose right now. I will be home wednesday and may do some fishing.

Basinfisher

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Tommy its been a long time since i put a mess of slabs in the box. Basinfisher the water level is 6.5 ft. at butteLarose and rising. I'm leaving right now for another go round but I'm fighting an initial front and rising water
    even though i'm mainly a jig person i think I will bring along some minnows to help the bite.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    thanks Tommy its been a long time since i put a mess of slabs in the box. Basinfisher the water level is 6.5 ft. at butteLarose and rising. I'm leaving right now for another go round but I'm fighting an initial front and rising water
    even though i'm mainly a jig person i think I will bring along some minnows to help the bite.
    Well little brother, I guess it is plain to see now. We have gone fishing together pretty often these last few months without catching anything to brag about. I thought it was the small boat. I thought it was the location.
    I thought it was the heat. BUT, now I can see it must be me.
    Keep the dog-gone boat just bring me a few cleaned fish. LOL!
    What I need you to do is get one of those signs that you can put a message on and has a flashing arrow. Put it out on the Sandy cove pit pointing to EXACTLY where I need to go.
    I am free both Saturday and Sunday. Let me know what your plans are unless your bringing TEE.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon I went today and only caught 5 keepers the pit had white caps in it the wind was hollering didn't stay long looked like the water was going down it was barely flowing back to the river. I have a soccer game to go to for Demi saturday but plan to go sunday alone. I dropped the boat back off at your house thanks again . see you at the card game tonite.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say, being from So. LA I have no idea where Sandy Pit cove is.
    Do you guys have a gps cord. you could throw my way? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Angela do you know where the benoit landing is? If so then keep going south on the levee untill you pass up lake fausse point camp ground then about 3 miles from there there is another landing you take gravel road to top of levee
    then over it a long gravel road takes you to the landing mid ways to landing there is a long canal on both sides of road that runs along the levee north and south. canal on right is mommas pond canal on left is sandy cove pit hence the name from sandy cove landing at the end of the road there is a small ditch that runs back from left side of landing to the pit you can get in this ditch when the water reaches about 7 to 8 ft.any lower and you have to
    put boat off of land directly in to the pit thats why I had deacons 10 ft john boat.Me and deacon are planning another trip sunday I think the ground will be dry enough for me to put my boat down from the bank using my trailer
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    Sorry to say, being from So. LA I have no idea where Sandy Pit cove is.
    Do you guys have a gps cord. you could throw my way? Thanks
    You thinking on heading that way? Sacalait Steve and I should be getting there about 6:30 am Sunday morning. We are going to use his boat with motor in case we want to run to the back of the pit and check things out.
    When we get into Sandy cove pit we usually stay off the right bank about 20-25 feet. The water depth is about 8-9 feet. Every so often along the bottom there are cypress stumps. We try to fish around 7 feet deep with jigs under a cork. Let the wind move you along and fish it real so.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know Lake Fausse Campground. Thanks for directions guys!!!!
    Likes TheCrappieGuy LIKED above post