Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spinners vs. Spinnerbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spinners vs. Spinnerbaits

I truly didn't realize there was a difference between these two items, i thought it was just different names for the same thing.

Now i know that spinners are usually a single spinner item, sometimes two blades, while the spinnerbait is on a V-shaped rigged with two blades.

My question is, is there really much of a difference when fishing for walleye or bass? Or is it just preference? Obviously the spinnerbait weighs more than spinner ever could so you can get more of a distance on it when casting. But I'm not concerned about distance, just presentation. Should I just be happy with the small selection of spinners that i have now, or invest into a line of spinnerbaits?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCarter View Post
    I t

My question is, is there really much of a difference when fishing for walleye or bass? Or is it just preference?
    They is a huge difference when fishing for walleye or bass.
    spinner baits are either a top water or upper water lure, and generally a good bass bait.
    spinners are generally a, lower in the water column, presentation, and absolutely a good walleye use.
    I always use the wind when I fish for walleye. So, when it's windy, I typically use spinners when it is moderate to very windy, or when I fishing over rocky/snaggy bottom.
    Other than that , there really isnt't much of a Hands Clapping difference when fishing for walleye or bass
    Tennessee...........Tennessee.......they ain't no place I'd rather be...........

Post Thanks / Like

You fish with spinners into the wind?

Post Thanks / Like

actually spinnerbaits can be fished from top to bottom. they are not just an upper level or top water bait. i've caught bass on them 25 ft deep slow rolling them. inline spinners are more of an upper level bait unless weighted to fish deep. and i'm speaking of bass fishing in general.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught fish on both but I prefer in-line spinners like Mepps or Panther Martin. For some reason I just catch more fish on them and more consistently. Maybe it's the old confidence in your lure thing... who knows but both work for multiple species. So for me it is preferance.

Post Thanks / Like

There's all kinds - Inlines Mepps Style, Panther martins, shysters V-spins are the Beetle Spin style and then the true spinner bait style. They all work and that's why I carry all three with me.

Post Thanks / Like

most of the time a spinner bait over a 1/8 oz are thrown on bait casting reels, i have caught walleye on them but they are more of a bass lure. i would get a couple of each and see what you like.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that for fishing around weeds or trees that the spinnerbait snags less than a straight spinner does. I think it's because the upper wire acts as a guard for the hook.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.