Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aqua veiw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aqua veiw

Hey are these cameras any good in stained water? are they pretty easy to work? thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey CF, I looked into them a while back and concluded that for the waters we fish, they would be a waste a money. Maybe on a good day you might be able to see a foot or so. But that is just my opinion as I don't know anyone that has actually tried one around here.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiefarmer,

Unless you are fishing gin clear water don't waste your time. Even the fisherman out here in California don't like cause you can't see anything. Most of our lakes we can see 10-30' down.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Wont waste the money. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Any camera on the market doesn't do well in stained water. Where my Aqua view excels is in the winter under the ice. When I was scouting for a tournament I was in, I would drop the camera down and the fish would come out of the weeds to take a look at the new guy in town. The camera looks like a baby bass. I am going to try it in the open water here, I don't expect too much but, if it helps me identify structure or be able to catch a glimpse of what is down there, well then it would save me a lot of time interpreting what is on the screen of the depth finder.
    Just my 2cents.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Hey CF, I looked into them a while back and concluded that for the waters we fish, they would be a waste a money. Maybe on a good day you might be able to see a foot or so. But that is just my opinion as I don't know anyone that has actually tried one around here.
    I must agree I have a fishing friend that has one and he has only used it a few times. The kids love it around the docks to watch the fish when the water is clear... I would not waste your money at this time... Good Luck..
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiefarmer,

I use mine a bunch in the off season. Not to say the "naysayers" don't have a point about not being able to see all kinds of fish. You won't. But what you will be able to do is use the camera in conjunction with your sonar. You will be able to identify cover and structure that you just can't do with sonar, you can see what it is. I'm saying this and I have one of the Humminbird 987cSi's. I still use my camera for positive identification of cover and positioning when setting gps locations. I hit the "mark" button when the camera is in the cover and the cord is strait up and down. It's a tool, just like a depth finder. My $.02

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Man you have a lot of good tools. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegilln
    Crappiefarmer,

I use mine a bunch in the off season. Not to say the "naysayers" don't have a point about not being able to see all kinds of fish. You won't. But what you will be able to do is use the camera in conjunction with your sonar. You will be able to identify cover and structure that you just can't do with sonar, you can see what it is. I'm saying this and I have one of the Humminbird 987cSi's. I still use my camera for positive identification of cover and positioning when setting gps locations. I hit the "mark" button when the camera is in the cover and the cord is strait up and down. It's a tool, just like a depth finder. My $.02

Chris
    Regards,

Moose1am