Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Little Skunk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Skunk

If anyone is familiar with this lure, I'd like to know if one or both hooks should be loaded with waxworms or minnows. I never know if live bait should be used or the lures used alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Halvey ... I don't think they're designed to be used with live bait. However, that's no sign that they won't work that way. It's basically a tiny two hooked jig pre-rigged on a leader ... and has no "action" of its own (other than the tail feathers) ... so it's designed to be cast/retrieved, or trolled, more or less. Considering the size of the hooks on one, you'd have to have some pretty small minnows before they'd be useful in that regard .... LOL !! Now, waxies or maggies .... that may be a different story. But, in any event ... I, personally, wouldn't resort to using live bait with them, unless they weren't producing "as is". Even then, I'd probably revert to a simple hook/sinker rig, if live bait were necessary.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

live bait and lure go together fine, but lures are good for times when the fish need something smaller and easier to attack.
    i'vehad big bullgills just stare at a live minnow, btu the moment i put a jig out, they suddenly start "killing it" when it lands.