Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Crank bait question not in Cranks 101?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Crank bait question not in Cranks 101?

It seems bandit cranks are the most popular for crappie. My question is most don't seem to talk much about pulling shad rap type baits and I wonder why? Is it a price issue or do you all feel the body style of a bandit is better? Im still pretty new to the cranks but my favorites are the jointed shap raps but yes they do cost more. Just wondering why or how the bandits got such a following?

Thanks
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

On account of them working so well and their cost. Others do fine too but I'd go broke pulling rapalas.

But that's besides the point. There are NO questions not covered in 101. We started at algebra and went clear through to zebra training and even threw in some molecular physics as well as a pretty decent brisket recipe. It's amazing what can be talked about in a thousand replies.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Bandit also has a large color selection.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect size, great color selection, run true at 1.8 to 2.2 mph.....a lot of crankbaits will not run true at that speed even with tuning.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I have pulled the jointed shad raps with decent sucess...BUT the bandits seem to out fish all the cranks I have tried.....plus the color options and price are hard to beat

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I never want to fish with Rapalas because they are works of art. To put them babies in the water and chance hitting a stump feels like a sin. It's as if I want to go buy a fancy wall painting light and illuminate them on the shelf.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I never want to fish with Rapalas because they are works of art. To put them babies in the water and chance hitting a stump feels like a sin. It's as if I want to go buy a fancy wall painting light and illuminate them on the shelf.

D
    I feel the same way about some of the great hand tied jigs I have bought from some of the members on crappie.com . They are so nice I don't want to loose them. HA
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

A manns 10 plus is a good crappie plug and the bill norman deep baby n and deep tiny n's are awsome crank baits. For casting I like a deep tiny n the best. I also use shad raps and bandits. I have friends that have caught them on DD22s at night on bluff walls in the summer. Thats crazy but sometimes thats what they want.