Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO name lure

Post Thanks / Like

Default NO name lure

I may have posted this in the wrong place ????
    I found Tara in Watsonville Ca with info from Bruce in N.C he said he talk to her
    and she will be selling them in 6 months to a year ,I send her a letter but no reply yet
    don't like bothering people at work ,I don't have her home address .
    Tara is the niese of John Fujita the inventer

Post Thanks / Like

What does the lure look like

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Here we go ........

This is the picture from an old thread about this lure :

http://www.chicagolandcanoebase.com/...re-01b_001.jpg

Basically, it's a J shaped, flattened piece of lead on a small hook ... with a trailing hook tied to the shank curve of the main hook with 2lb test cat gut, and marabou tied on the trailing hook. The main body has a leader tied to it ... but I'm not sure if it's 2lb or 4lb test mono
    The lure wobbles when retrieved, much like a spoon.

Do an advanced search for "Fujita" and you'll find the previous thread discussions regarding this lure.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

A note to all fisherman that have been and are still looking for the No-Name Lure. It is finally available again at no name lure, Fujita, John Fujita or by calling Tara at 831-588-0452.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a picture I found of some no-name lures:
    Be safe and good luck fishing

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    This is a picture I found of some no-name lures:
    Those may not have a name ... but they are not a Fujita "No-name" lure, though they do seem to have been fashioned in a similar way.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Pappy you may need to delete the picture post I thought that was the lure they were talking about. Sorry just trying to help. Don't want to mislead anyone. Don't want to hurt any companies products. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It's all good, Scrat. Fujita's No-name has been out since I was a kid (1950's). We had a discussion on it, back several years ago ... and I was contacted by Tara's brother & got some featherless baits from him (as did a few other members) and tied my own 'versions'. They had been out of production for some time, after the originator passed away & the company went into Tara's hands. She had problems finding people to tie the "chicken feather fluff" onto the bait, but that appears to have been solved & she's back in business.

They are a great panfish bait ... even though they were originally made to catch small Bass. The leader line is 2# test cat gut (mono ??), and the feathered hook is tied onto the lead body hook with a short leader. So, great care is needed when extracting these lures from the fish's mouth, so as not to break those lite lines that hold the rig together.

Here's the link to that 2005 discussion : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...me-jigs-4.html

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The other pictures was crafted by PAPAPERCH a jig crafter from Ohio. Maybe I got it right this time.

No Name Lure by John Fujita Vintage Small

This is a vintage No Name lure invented by John Fujita, smaller than the one offered in the recent past. Distance from the eye of the leading hook to the end of the trailing hook is 1 1/4". The feathers are 3/4" long".

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting lure.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast