Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Stripers.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hybrid Stripers.....

Well I decided to put down the crappie rigs and pick up my trolling poles for stripers last weekend. Boy am I glad I did... The striper bite was hot. I started off pulling 6 poles. I have 5 rigged with Bandit crankbaits and 1 rigged with a bucktail jig and striper sniper trailer (Yellowdawg made the bucktail jig for me!!!! Thanks). I went to an area I had caught stripers before. As soon as i got to the area.... ALL SIX POLES HOOKED UP!!!!!!! Yes I said ALL SIX POLES... So I am in the boat by myself and have 6 fish on screaming line off my reels... LOL... I didn't know what pole to grab first.. I picked what I thought was the biggest fish, pointed the trolling motor to open water, and the fight was on... I had lines tangled everywhere.. The fish on the right side of the boat when left.. The fish on the left went right.. and the ones in the middle went to the outside.. I managed to land 3 of the 6 hook ups. The other 3 got off. I took a quick picture of them together and released them back in the water for another day. After that.. I decided to go back with just 3 poles (since I had to cut the line of 3 of them anyway to get rid of the tangles). I ended up catching 3 more stripers in the next hour. I guess I made the school bust up when I came through the first time cause these were scattered. So in about 2.5 hours I managed to boat 6 stripers. The biggest was in the first batch of 3 I caught and he weighted 7.4 lbs. The others weighted 5.5, 5, 5, 4.5, 3.5 by my digital scales.... I tried them again Sunday afternoon and didn't get a bite... I hope to find them again soon! Out of the 6 fish I caught 2 of them on yellowdawgs bucktail jigs! Those things rock.. I probably would have caught more on them if I would have had more of them in the water. I only used one of them this time but next time I will have more swimming...

Thanks to everyone that has given me some pointers... I am a beginner for sure and I appreciate the help! Looks like it is paying off..

DoubleG

Post Thanks / Like

nice job man told you them jigs and trailers work.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun, way to go.
    RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Post Thanks / Like

What a problem to have lol, if only to have been a fly and watched you lol
    Just call me......"Killswitch"....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome catch, did you get them at Ross Barnett? I was thinking about trying up at Horseshoe Lake in Arkansas but I might have to try RB again-I tried fishing for them there a couple of summers ago and didn't catch any. The fish in the last picture is a true striped bass while the others are hybrids or sunshine bass

Post Thanks / Like

Great job but do not throw them bacvk !!! ! Try your best to catch all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job and thanks for the PM, I haven't got to fish in awhile glad to hear the report.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have loved to be in a boat next to you with a video camera. That had to be WILD!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a great catch and a good report. When multiple rods bend over at once it is like a chinese fire drill. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have loved to see a video of that first mess when all 6 rods got bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast