Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deep Pad Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep Pad Fishing

When speaking of "far back in the shallows"

how does everyone proceed when getting deep into a patch of pads -do you fish your way in or go in and fish your way back out?

Also how do you move through the pads - with a trolling motor or with a push pole?

Post Thanks / Like

I will fish my way in. Usually pole my way in if the pads are thick. Don't want to spook em.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    I will fish my way in. Usually pole my way in if the pads are thick. Don't want to spook em.
    +1 You usually fine the bigger ones in the deeper water, but the numbers go up as you ease into more shallow water...cast to where you want to fish so they don't spook, especially in clear water.
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually troll motor in and anchor Get the 14 and 16 footers out and start hole dippin.
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBeav View Post
    Usually troll motor in and anchor Get the 14 and 16 footers out and start hole dippin.
    So that's what that 16 footer I've got sitting in the corner at home is good for! Being a lifetime eye chaser and very inexperienced at craps I didn't think it really had a use inside of a boat. Thanx RBEAV for my aha momentThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sbcpower View Post
    +1 You usually fine the bigger ones in the deeper water, but the numbers go up as you ease into more shallow water...cast to where you want to fish so they don't spook, especially in clear water.

ease in? down in florida on the big o i've seen the people run into and on in the middle of the reeds then stop and go to fishing and if you've ever been close to an airboat you know how much noise they make going in. and they would catch fish/crappie. to me, being taught to always be quite when fishing, i found it very strange the way some of them fished.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all EnonEye I love the 14 and 16 footers for hole dippin. The best part about them is you lift the slabs straight up and out and don't seem to spook any of the other fish.
    Wishin I was Fishin