Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Underspin Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Underspin Reels

Looking at getting a new reel for my crappie rod , and have been looking at underspins as to spinning reels.Like the spec's and construction of the Pflueger Cetina sounds like it should hold up and has a carbon fiber drag,instant anti-reverse. Looking for some feed back and opinions.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i think you'll love the underspin reel. i have two but they are zebcos so i can't help you with the pflueger reel but i'm sure it is a very good choice. i also have a shakesphere that came on the crappie hunter rod and i like it too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 1806 Pflu Underspin like it very much. It has held-up well over a few years now. I have a few other brands and prefer the Pflu. I have braid on mine and the pins are still fine not an issue there if you might go braid.
    The one US I have that didnt last long the Daiwa us80 started being rough and line catching on pin the spring that holds the pin back wore quick.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one and like it been a good reel.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple Daiwa 40XD underspin and love them. They are also great for dock shooting.
    I have not had them very long so do not know how well they last. I have Daiwa reels before that seemed to last forever, hope these do the same.
    Plus they were low priced.
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Have Zebco, Pflueger, and 2 Daiwa's. The Daiwa's I bought on past Daiwa experience and they were junk straight out the box, the Zebco is O.K. and the Pfleuger is a notch above the Zebco.

Post Thanks / Like

Have (4) 13" BnM's w/ buck minireels that I use for pushin' jigs. Like them real good. Also have (4) Shimano 1000's spinners on 12 graphite poles. They both work well.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

i have braid on all my underspin and spinning reels. all have held up good with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the pflu, the really small ones. I dont suggest getting them they are just too small. I just bought two midsizeds ones. The small ones dont let line out very well, and cause too much memory and if you load too much line it binds up. But thats my fault for adding too much line. But I love mine and will be happier with the bigger ones. Sorry I dont have the model number but its the middle size one. Good luck.

Also on a side note I started using Reel magic on my reels. It is the greatest, even with brand new line on open face it stops line memory and kinks. Just might to have to applie it a couple of times. I loaded the line the and then sprayed the line and let it set the night before. And then a couple times during the day of fishing. Works great made the line easy to use.

Later
    Clint