Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Normandy Morning

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Normandy Morning

My plate is pretty full lately, so I have to grab a few hours whenever I can. I got to Normandy lake, here in Middle Tennessee this morning. The weather said the wind would pick up after 9 and they didn't lie, in a big way. What started calm developed into 15 steady with 25 gusts. It got a little bouncy, and I packed it in and was headed home by 10.This first pic was the view when I arrived at the ramp. The second is what I found on the FFThumbs Up when I got to where I was headed. The third is a pic of the first time that I have had all the holders set up and loaded, ready to go. It was a good morning that gave me 5 keepers to fillet that weighed up to 1 3/4 lbs.Hands Clapping Now if I can just get the boss to let me get into a tournament instead of workRoflI'll be all set. Hope y'all get to go soon, and thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by skeetbum; 04-25-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question, what is the purpose of the swim noodles on your pole holders, 1st I have seen like that? Always open to new ideas.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, look at em stacked up on that finder! This wind and rain is killing us!
    Great post, thank you!

Jlittle23

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet foam on pole holders is for jigs in the ready if you have to retie, neat idea.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

You hit it, Wannabe. I saw it done in Alabama a few weeks back and liked the idea so I put some on mine. Changing colors or weights and extra ones ready for later. Probably too much but it looked OK, and what do you do with the rest of the noodle anyway. I wanted to just put it on the upright portion but couldn't find it with the center hole big enough and didn't want tie wraps holding it on. And I'm a creature of habit, there's still jigs thrown on the floor by the FF.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Neat idea about the foam. By the looks of the FF it looks like you was in the fish too.:p Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck I wish I could just go fishing!!!!!! With all the flooding and raging water shore bound anglers are currently at home anglers. I love to fish but I'm not gonna die from trying.

Hopefully soon the nephew gets the boat unwrapped, and everything ready to go. Till then great photo's and you're graph had a great pic on it.