Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks ED & Jerry

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Thanks ED & Jerry

Please forgive me. This 65th year has been rough. Jerry I thought "User CP"
    on this board was referring to Crappiepappy....LOL... until you showed me the
    light.
    Last edited by Don G; 11-01-2004 at 08:15 PM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don:

There are all kinds of neat things you can do in your "User Control Panel" a.k.a. "User CrappiePappy".
    You can create a signature and profile and a lot of other stuff.

You can even add an Avator (I'd never heard of that one either).

Get in there and play around - you might like it!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Don:

There are all kinds of neat things you can do in your "User Control Panel" a.k.a. "User CrappeyPappy".

You can create a signature and profile and a lot of other stuff.

You can even add an Avator (I'd never heard of that one either).

Get in there and play around - you might like it!
    Would you throw in a computer lesson or 2 with a guide trip? How far are you from Memphis?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this message board is tons more complex than the previous message board we used here on Crappie.com. It seems like it's not terrible getting the hang of using it up front, and it seems like as you familiarize yourself with it, more tidbits and cool features are brought to light. I really like it. Here, I'll add an Avitar and a Signature Picture using the User CP.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question do I hear my name

being taken in vain again ? .....LOL!!!

If I am not mistaken .... Ed, correct me if I am wrong ... but, I believe that the "Avatar" setting is to allow the placing of a small pic onto your post, that will occur on every post you enter ... as in the Crappie.com Logo that occurs on Ed's posts. (max size is 80x80 pixels or 19.5kb, whichever is smaller)

Avatar: Encarta Dictionary - "image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace" ..................cp

Personally - rather than an Avatar ... I'd like to see our members put their "location" in their user profile. That would help us determine where the member is, and the general surroundings and conditions under which they normally fish. I know, a lot of us already have done so ... but, a lot of members and newer members don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Would you throw in a computer lesson or 2 with a guide trip? How far are you from Memphis?
    Hey Don:

I'd probably confuse you more than ever on the computer. Most of what I've learned has been from trial and error.

Lake Hamilton is about 3 hours from Memphis. I get a lot of clients from that area.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, a tad different. The "avatar" is the black and white Crappie, just to the left of my name "edhead" at the top of my post.

The Color Crappie with the Crappie.com in the pic is part of my signature. Sorry I caused the confusion by using both, but I wanted to show all the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    being taken in vain again ? .....LOL!!!

If I am not mistaken .... Ed, correct me if I am wrong ... but, I believe that the "Avatar" setting is to allow the placing of a small pic onto your post, that will occur on every post you enter ... as in the Crappie.com Logo that occurs on Ed's posts. (max size is 80x80 pixels or 19.5kb, whichever is smaller)

Avatar: Encarta Dictionary - "image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace" ..................cp

Personally - rather than an Avatar ... I'd like to see our members put their "location" in their user profile. That would help us determine where the member is, and the general surroundings and conditions under which they normally fish. I know, a lot of us already have done so ... but, a lot of members and newer members don't.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that either

But does using lots of small pictures as in if everyone used an Avitor and a picture in their signiture would it slow the board down any?

Hopefully the answer is not or not significantly. I need to find a small picture of Bullwinkle the Moose to include in my avator someday.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Nope, a tad different. The "avatar" is the black and white Crappie, just to the left of my name "edhead" at the top of my post.

The Color Crappie with the Crappie.com in the pic is part of my signature. Sorry I caused the confusion by using both, but I wanted to show all the possibilities.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, it's not going to slow the server down much at all. The pics are very small and once loaded, are brought from your PCs local Cache Memory anyway.

It's spam mail that's been slowing down my server. Nothing to do with you guys. I'm in the process of moving mail off my Web Server to it's own server to sddress this issue.
    Owner