Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taylorsville Report 3-11 and 3-12.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylorsville Report 3-11 and 3-12.

We fished both days in the pouring Rain. Caught fish from 8-16 feet deep in 20-25 feet of water, surface temp 47-49. We ended up with 20 on Sat. and a limit on Sun. All the fish came from the "channel" and on jigs. I fished the Yum Beaver tail and Bass Assassin's. Char/Black, Black/Pink and Albino Shad colors worked well. The water was muddy on Sunday and the Char/Black worked best. We did not have any real "slabs" but a few nice 11-12" fish with most of them being 9-10". Good Luck out there.
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for the report Fred ..

they are about where they should be, this time of year, seems like. Now, if we don't get too much rain and put the water level up in the tree tops (like we usually do) ..... Taylorsville should be pretty good in a couple of weeks, with the fish cruising the shallows & feeding up for the spawn.

I see, by this site - http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html - that the lake came up a few feet, from all the rain. Give it a couple of weeks to settle down, and it should get going good (unless we get more heavy rain storms in that period).

How's the fishing on Herrington ?? Have they started moving in on the standing timber, yet ?? Have you heard about Red Gate Dock ?? Seems it's collapsing and blocking the creek ... or something to that effect. ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Chowning Lane area Friday and did ok, I brought home
    11 nice fish. They are still in the deeper water as suspected and
    hitting light. I only used jigs.
    Temps on the surface were 44 to 46 degrees.
    JC

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the catch! You had more luck than me. :P
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.