Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Curious about color selectors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious about color selectors?

I have been lookin at some color selectors and thinking of buying one. I was wondering how many people use them and what some opinions are of them? I talked to some guys here and most said they are a joke. A couple told me that they were good to use. One bass fisherman said he will not fish without his. A little help please. Thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go, Keith .... http://www.crappie.com/crappie/searc...searchid=61005 (happy reading !! )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Here ya go, Keith .... http://www.crappie.com/crappie/searc...searchid=61005 (happy reading !! )

... cp
    Thanks for the post but when I go there a message bulletin comes up and says sorry no messages are here. I can not find anything on that page.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just do a search on color selector and you will get about 4 pages of posts on the subject.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try this one:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/searc...searchid=61329

Sorry Keith, I don't know what I did to get that bogus URL.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Keith, they do work if you have confidence in them. I used one for years and have the combo one now. I haven't used it for years, but do know they do work. It you fish the same lake over and over you can get use to what jig and colors work on that given body of water. If I am going to fish a new body of water I will take it along and use it if I have to. I try to rely on my ability first and then will go to it if I don't catch anything. Sometimes you will be amazed at what colors or combinations it will come up with. You do have to calibrate it tho each year or if it doesn't produce correct colors. I do think they are worth it if you are just getting into crappie fishing and want or need help in finding the right colors that the fish want. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p