Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light weight poles?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Light weight poles?

I know there has been a lot of discussion about poles and everyone has their personal preferences. What pole have you found to be the lightest. Most of my fishing is done trolling. Right now I have some Uncle Buck's fiberglass poles. The 10 footer is manageable but the 12 footer is a little on the heavy side for me. Suggestions??
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton www.bnmpoles.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy is right - I love my Sam Heaton for tightlining a jig. It's a 12-footer and is a LOT lighter than the Bucks Graphite - both are made by B&M.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Fatboy is right - I love my Sam Heaton for tightlining a jig. It's a 12-footer and is a LOT lighter than the Bucks Graphite - both are made by B&M.
    I've been enjoying my Bucks Graphite poles for a long time. They are so much lighter than the old fiberglass poles I used to use. If I ever pick up one of the Sam Heaton models I've heard so much about, I'll be ruint to them, from that moment on.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Pooch, you're right, you will! You'll notice a little differance when you first pick one up but if you fish with a Sam Heaton for several hours and then pick up a Buck's Graphite you'll think somebody handed you a piece of rebar!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry,
    Was looking at the BnM link and noticed a burgandy colored Sam Heaton 12 footer called the Super Sensitive. Is this the rod your talking about ? If not whats your opinion on this rod? Thanks..........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Best i can remember, Jerry's pole is green , but mine is also burgundy. I got it about a week and a half ago and i swear if a crappie looks at my bait, i can feel it. I never knew there was much difference until i held the sam heaton he has. There is a world of difference. Hope i didn't step on Jerry's answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Treepotato, (guess that makes me a boat seat potato)

Yes, the Sam Heaton is now burgundy. In fact I had to replace my tip section after a kid leaned against it in the storage rod holders on the side of my boat and I now have a two colored pole - green butt section and burgundy tip section. Crappie don't seem to mind though or even the Green Carp for that matter - that's the pole I caught the goodun on last Friday.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Treepotato, (guess that makes me a boat seat potato)

Yes, the Sam Heaton is now burgundy. In fact I had to replace my tip section after a kid leaned against it in the storage rod holders on the side of my boat and I now have a two colored pole - green butt section and burgundy tip section. Crappie don't seem to mind though or even the Green Carp for that matter - that's the pole I caught the goodun on last Friday.
    Boat seat potato,
    Hey thanks for the reply, I've been looking at that model lately myself but I can't seem to find a price. Maybe I'll buy the burgandy one and if the tip section breaks I'll order a green one and we can trade tip sections LOL. I wonder if all this potato stuff makes Fatboy a Fatpotato? Just kidding Fatboy , you can step on my questions anytime....Im just looking for answers....treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about getting some poles that I can have all rigged up to sell to my customers that decide they have to have my setup after they fish with me.

I get my stuff from different places and it's a pain for them to try to round it all up when they get home. I'd make up a pack with extra floats, hooks and sinkers - enough for them to get started.

Does anyone know of any Wholesale Fishing Tackle supply stores that would sell to a guide? I've heard of one in Tennessee but haven't been able to find them on the Internet.

I'm going to talk to Richard about his Signature Series rods - may even go that way (his or my own). Guess I should talk to B&M and see what they will do for me. They gave me a good discount the last time I ordered a bunch of tip sections.

Any suggestions or opinions?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast