Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green River

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Green River

Going tomorrow. Anyone catching any over the weekend? Hope to do better this week than last.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Used to do the best ....

during the third week of April .... fishing the flats & around the shoreline timber/brush. Tube jigs & Roadrunners were the usual baits used.

Keep us posted on how things are at GRL .... and how you do, whenever you go!! I plan on giving GRL a shot this year ... been a few too many years since I've fished down there. Any info (+/-) you care to share will be greatly appreciated. ........... luck2ya ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned 12 last night with the smallest right around 9.5 and the largest 14 in. one with a black/chartruese curly tail and the rest on minnows. We also caught two largemouth and two whites while drifting/trolling. We caught about 10 undersized fish. The wind was pretty bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Was wanting to go again tomorrow, but I believe I'll hold off another day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to go afterall. We had a rough day trying to catch keepers as we threw back a number of 7-8.5 inch fish. We caught three largemouth keepers, a couple of whites and wound up with 8 crappie. The bites didn't actually get going until after the rain stopped and the front went on through around 2:30-3:00. Next door neighbor said his dad caught 20 today at Green, not sure what size they were.

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Green River

Green was muddy up above Holmes bend today. We went back down past the dock to find clearer water today. Crappies cooperated pretty well as I had 17 and my friend had 10 all caught 10-15 ft. on minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say most caught during the day (38) were in the 7-10 inch range with the keepers mostly about 9-10. No slabs in the bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Going again this week. Will keep everyone posted on how we did. Monday through wednesday looks like the best days to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Caught 12 keepers Monday along with three white bass - one three and a half pound lunker white bass just before we left. Water is beginning to clear up.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 12 keepers yesterday at 8-15 ft. deep. Fishing is beginning to pick up, but its not great yet. I've heard reports of a few people getting 30-40, but I havn't been that fortunate yet.