Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1-3 ft of water

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1-3 ft of water

crappie moved shallow this afternoon. started this morning trolling jigs in 10-15 ft of water catching a handful before they shut down. followed them up the ledges to 8 ft of water and only caught a couple of dinks. ended up fishing tree tops and the fish were on fire. had several fish over 12" and ended up cleaning 36. crappie would not bite a minnow, wanted a 1/32 oz lead jig head loaded up with a green on chart jig filled with bait pump. chart crappie nibbles. the bite was very aggressive and deliberate. threw jigs up to the bank and slow rolled back to the boat letting it fall straight down when hitting a piece of structure.

fish would stop when the clouds covered the sun. they wanted tree tops in the shade but would bite when the jig crossed thru an area the sun was shining through. I hope all of this makes sense.

All in all a great afternoon with my wife and sister in law. we got Lots of sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad yall had a good time!Thumbs Up Great report.Hands Clapping

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great report. Got any pics of your sister-in-law????LOL I mean the fish...........
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

my dad took some pictures when we got home but of course with his camera, so i'll have to work on getting some pictures for you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun time fishing.
    What lake were you fishing on?

Post Thanks / Like

dogwood lake lexington tn.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogwood...Really??? I may have to fish it a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickieboy this was my second time on the lake. I have never heard of anyone really fishing it. I talked to an old guy at the parts store the other day that gave me some direction to try. It paid off. I have not been back to test consistency. These fish were holed up in one little cove on the south end of the lake. around a fallen down duck blind with some tree tops that had been placed on top of it. Fished cedar this morning with no luck. had to come home to do some rat killing but headed back out after lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, Cedar and no luck. They are definately not biting today then! I have fished Dogwood 5-6 times with varied success.

Post Thanks / Like

well i had my 5yr old and wife so, quality fishing time was limited. lol. I really hope to catch several this afternoon.