I would not leave home without some spongy spiders in my fly box. There are times the bream just love them. Well, having some in your fly box just got a whole lot easier if you tie your own flies. A trip to your local Wal-Mart will get you all the materials you need for them. My favorite color is white but the sky is the limit for colors.

Spongy Foam Spider I tie:
Hook: #8 Aberdeen
Body: Teardrop shaped foam body (Two trimmed and CA superglued closed cell foam strips about 1/4 inch wide and 1 inch long cut from 2mm sheet foam called a "Foamie" by Darice), hook bend inserted through the wide end and tied to the hook shank in the center and half way between the forward section.
Legs: Four bungee cord rubber strands twice the length of hook shank with two tied in the middle to either side of and at the center tie in point of body.

Add CA superglue or clear Sally Hansen nail polish to the underside for strength to the thread wraps. Should look like a spider with a total of eight legs, with an abdomen (wide end at rear), thorax (center), and head. A fun and easy tie .