Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Tourney Results

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Reelfoot Tourney Results

How was Reelfoot today? 12 degrees, 75 mph winds, and 9 foot waves... well, maybe not that bad. :D It was very windy and the water was rough, but some of our guys still managed to post some pretty impressive totals...

1st Place - Josh Gowan (kingkrappie), 7 fish @ 8 lbs., 5.4 oz. Hands Clapping

2nd Place - Allen Kolwyck (cracker68), 7 fish @ 7 lbs., even Hands Clapping

3rd Place - Dwayne Dunn (reelfoot84), 7 fish @ 6 lbs., 12.4 oz. Hands Clapping

4th Place - Josh Chipman, 7 fish @ 3 lbs., 15.4 oz. Hands Clapping

5th Place - David Prine, 1 fish @ 1 lb., 3.6 oz. Hands Clapping

Big Fish - Josh Gowan (kingkrappie), 1 lb., 13 oz. Hands Clapping

Really enjoyed spending some time with some of our newer members. Guys, we are glad to have you, and look forward to seeing you on a regular basis.

Thanks to all those who participated today, and thanks again to the good folks at Grizzly Jig and Crappie Angler Magazine, for today's prizes!!!

Now we can all start planning toward the 03/19 Tournament at Yellow Creek (Pickwick). Hope to see you all there!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great. Couldn't make it. Brenda ain't doing good. She is off here medicines til Thursday because of pending surgery.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, we sure did miss you and Brenda Thursday night and today. Please let Brenda know that we are thinking about her. Don't hesitate to let me know if y'all need anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom will keep Brenda in our prayers. Congrats to you all who fished and kingkrappie for the big fish and winning. Sounds like you boys know how to catch em!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Which one of you boys were in the burgandy Lowe and had to be towed in

Post Thanks / Like

Tom you and Brenda will be in our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Great. Couldn't make it. Brenda ain't doing good. She is off here medicines til Thursday because of pending surgery.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

The one that had to be towed in was actually the winner of the tournament. He was towed in by another club member that he had never met. This was the first club tournament that either one had fished. They didn't find out they were in the same club until they got back to the boat ramp and began talking. A big THANK YOU goes out to David Prine for being a good sportsman and helping out fellow anglers.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Minner View Post
    Which one of you boys were in the burgandy Lowe and had to be towed in

Post Thanks / Like

David Prine is the man!! I'm not sure what happened to my cranking battery yet, but I'd ran my trolling batteries so hard for so long that they wouldn't start the outboard, and in gale winds I had to keep the tm up on 100 just to steer every once in a while. The wind was blowin' us sideways through a massive stump field, I never even saw David coming, you could only scan for stumps in between waves so I was intently staring at the water, still over a mile out, and almost completely out of trolling motor juice, and David just appeared beside us and threw us a rope, he'd been watching the struggle and was working towards us to help. Relief is not the word, big white caps and no motor in Reelfoot stumps was a nightmare, David hauled us out of there and all the way to shore, never looking back just watching for stumps himself and trying not to pull us up on any. Turns out he was a new WTCC member and was fishing the tourney like me! It seems like you guys got a hell of a guy in your club in David, and I'm just gonna be a lot of trouble Other than that had a great time and look forward to seeing you guys again, Me and Chippy (Josh Chipman) are planning on coming to your next meeting if everything works out. I'm gonna post some of this about David on the main board, and might turn up a few other places thanks again to David and everybody that was at the tourney
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there are some good folks in the club and on crappie.com!!!Thumbs Up I have yet to meet anyone who has not been nice and willing to help each other out!!!! Glad he was there to help you out Josh, the Foot can be really bad with no motor and high wind. If ya'll have some pictures please post them.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of thought that was you. We were the ones that put in right before you that morning in the camo Xpress with the Yamaha. We were the ones that passed by you as he was starting to tow you in. I remember telling my buddy "I hope they don' forget to raise the trolling motor". My buddy was the one that went over to try and help you load your boat while I tied mine down. Small world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast