Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any turkey hunters in here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any turkey hunters in here

Anyone else looking forward to spring turkey season already? Im new in VA (military), and there doesnt seem to be too many places to hunt near VB but luckily with my job I work 5 days on then 4 off so I am ready to pack the truck and head out for a few days at a time. Anyone care to offer any suggestions? I know craigslist and the hunting forums are always filled with people looking for a place to hunt. Seems tough for new guys here. I would greatly appreciate any advice or help however small or big it is. I have considered joining a deer club that has turkey hunting too.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Turkeys are very rare in SE Va but you don't have to go very far for them. There are lots of them from Emporia west. I used to do a lot of hunting but haven't for many years now and don't have any contacts anymore. Hopefully someone will.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I will do some research but do you know of any public land west of Emporia? Thanks!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of any off hand.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I know Amelia Wildlife has alot of turkeyThumbs Up plus you can take your boat and fish too:D can you call up a tom??

Post Thanks / Like

Isle of Wight county has a bunch of turkey, I've nearly ran over large groups of them crossing the road on more than one occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

I can call one, or could when I was younger. I hunted a lot in Arkansas but I have been in the Navy for over 6 years and haven't turkey hunted at all since. Where is there public hunting in I.O.W. county? Thanks for the advice guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably at Ragged Island, and also at Hog Island right across the IOW/Surry line by the power station. I'd love to try it some time as well as I've never hunted before.

Post Thanks / Like

If you know a place to go I would take you hunting. Its been several years but I have called in and killed my fair share of turkeys. As long as you can sit still and be quiet haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast