Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 blizzard warning!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 blizzard warning!!!!

Guys just a heads up for people North of I-44. My buddy use to be a local meteorologist and his run of storm models have shown Prue area getting 25.5 inches of snow. He said that it was unlikely they would see that much but 20 is quite a possibility. He also said that people South of I-40 will see a 1/2 inch of freezing rain possible before truning over to snow. He has never used this term before but he said this one is looking SCARY. He nailed the Christmas storm from last year and is usually right on. He said North of I-44 over a foot and below to I-40 9 to 12 inches. with the greater amount being towards Tulsa.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Indiana we are suppose to get 4-5 inches, plus freezing rain.
    This will be the left overs from you guys.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the predictions for the Tulsa area keep going up each hour. I've seen predictions up to "21....that's gonna make it tough for me to go anywhere in my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...Crosses fingers power doesn't go out....

Post Thanks / Like

Rigrunner and I are in for the duration...we were in that Christmas Eve storm two years ago so we drove back to Texas from Fort Cobb Lake yesterday and hope we miss it. Probably get it worse here! Anyway, stay warm and dry and home if you can.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working in the morning a whopping 12 minutes from the house. When it looks as if I'll have trouble on the roads, I'll head to the house to hole up. Firewood stocked, gas for the generator and food enough to make me fat (ter). Now I just hope my Mother doesn't lose power in BA. If that happens, my gen goes to her and I get the dubious task of delivering it and setting it up. Hope everyone on the board has a safe one. Careful with those auxiliary heating units!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Well im here leasoning to thunder and its been sletting since 8pm and the ground is almost coverd the grass. Then were looking at getting 5 to 8 in of snowon top. You all be carefull.

Post Thanks / Like

2-21/2 inches of snow and very little frozen rain here at my place, 20 miles south of I-40 alongside hwy 69 on the lake. 15 degrees and the wind is fierce, would not want to be outside today.

Remember to feed the birds if you have bird-feed. They really have a tough time on days like today.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

OKC has around 8" and another 4" or more is expected by noon. We sure need the moisture.

Post Thanks / Like

Maech 1967 storm, we had drifts 6-7' high across the roads! And last March 13" of snow here, so Tulsa's 12.9" record? Phooey.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast