Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any 1 been fishing dolese

Post Thanks / Like

Default any 1 been fishing dolese

any one been fishing at dolese park for trout this season yet and what is the average size caught out of there and what is the easiest method for catching them ive been told tight-lining with an 1/8oz weight and what have they been using for bait ? and at what point of the pond is the better point to fish? sorry about all the questions just trying to learn some trout tactics and the best way to not be skunked lol
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Josh I have been there for the last two years and I went last sunday for a little while, caught two. I use floating trout bait like Berkley trout bait. I use an egg sinker and a swivel. Then I tie three small hooks about 8 inches apart from the swivel. I semi tight line it and have pretty good luck much of the time. I am going in the morning on the north west side. I typically where a red hat and dark blue jacket, look me up and I will help you any way I can.

Post Thanks / Like

i wana go tomarrow by i gots to work how big were the 2 you cuaght?
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

one was about 10 and the other about 12'. Nothing trophy but great on the grill later in the summer when I cook steaks. I will let you know how I do tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I went saturday. Weather was too nice and there weren't many spots on the bank open except the shallow east side. I did manage to snag a big carp briefly with my little gold treble hook. I know it was a carp cause when I reeled it in it had one massive scale on one of the barbs. Didn't catch any trout. Oh well next time.....

Post Thanks / Like

I went saturday morning also and had 3 bites and 0 fish, only saw three caught all morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to have the best luck when it's cloudy and raining.