Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: float tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default float tube

I searched the threads for any float tube titles but didn't find any. Any one here use a float tube to crappie fish? If so how do you have it rigged? What's your technique?

Post Thanks / Like

well i'll B I figured somebody had at least tried it, guess not.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my float tube this past summer (as the water temps were cooling). I haven't crappie fished from it yet, but I plan to as the water starts to warm up.

Post Thanks / Like

Had one when I was younger. You have to have flippers if you plan on maneuvering anywhere, otherwise you just go in a circle or struggle to move at all.

Too old to fiddle with a float tube now and just a tad scared of them. Sure wouldn't use one on an open body of water such as a lake.

Be careful......
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Their are some float tube clubs around OKC. that really love e'm. I never warmed up to them because they limit my mobility too much. I like covering alot of areas and they just are not practical for our lake.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I have used my tube to crappie and bass fish on a lake that I manage for the owner. I have been pleased with the tube but this is a 10 acre lake not Lake Eufaula. No special rigging just crawl in and start fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a float tube several times on the upper Illinois river fishing with a fly rod for Smallmouth. Lots of fun, keeps you cool during the dog days of summer, but you do have to be careful. I use two ping pong paddles for maneuvering around. Drill a hole in the handle and tie them to the float tube so they don't go floating off. Never tried crappie fishing with the tube on a lake. I might though, depending on which way the wind was blowing! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I tubed fished for crappie in my younger years. Always went in the smaller ponds, 30 acres or less. Caught tons of crappie and perch. They're enjoyable when the wind is not blowing too hard!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I knew there had to be some tubers here somewhere. I've only had mine for 2 years and haven't ventured out on the big water and don't plan to. I've floated the bend at the Lower Mtn Fork and used it quite a bit on small Game and fish Lakes like Watonga and American Horse. Everytime I've tried it I've been flyfishing and the dang wind made it very frustrating to say the least. I'm kinda slow and suffer from tunnel vision. It just occured to me the other day that a float tube on some smaller lakes might be a good way to fish for Crappie with spinning tackle, especially on American Horse. Are there any Crappie in American Horse?

Post Thanks / Like

yes, some nice ones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast