Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Bay

I saw on another site that Back Bay is starting to produce some fish. Anybody been out there lately.

I havent been there since the 80's looks like I might have to give it a try.
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

I saw some kids with a nice stringer of crappies from the canals in Lago Mar last weekend, the water at Hells Point looks better than it has in years. It might be worth trying if the northeast wind didn't blow all the water out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Bay

I saw a post on the BasJons site, someone putting in at Mill Dam Road ramp. Do you know if that is the old Davis Landing Marina area?
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

Mill Landing is down where the ranger station is, I think it's the only ramp open

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&addtohistory=
    I know Davis and Lovitt are closed, not sure if Indian Cove allows non members to launch.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, have you fished Back Bay recently? Like Joe, I haven't been there since the early 80's. Back then when someone wanted to go fishing, there was no question where. Go to back bay and put in a Davis's landing. The right time of the year you could stop on the waty and load up with fresh picked peaches or strawberrys for next to nothing. How about Bay Haven? Is that closed too?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

We shore fished at Lovitts last winter caught a couple, went in the canals at Lago-Mar in a canoe in the spring and caught one about a pound, short and fat. A kid in the neighborhood rides his bike over there, he said he has caught some nice ones while bass fishing, said he's caught bass up to 5 lbs too. I think Bay Haven is still open Scott took his kids shore fishing there, caught some up to a 1.5 lbs, that was a couple of years ago I think. I might go to Sandbridge surf fishing on Sunday, if I do I'll ride do down the other side and see what's open, There is so much stuff stacked in the garage for the addition I can't get my boat out. Sorry I didn't call this week, was out of town, and just got a new phone today, I hope to be in town next week.