Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: daiwa takara????

Post Thanks / Like

Default daiwa takara????

The local dicks sporting goods has these reels marked down from 79.99 to 49.99, does any one have any experience with this model daiwa?? For what I can tell it was a model made for dicks by daiwa, it has 9 bearings, and judging by the floor model they had feels pretty nice. Figured I'd see if any one has any experience with them. Thanks for any input, merry Christmas & God bless everyone.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Dick's seems to have a deal with Daiwa for reels just for them. I have seen models like this other years there and I have always researched them and found that yes it was a decent reel, but nearly the same reel can be had for less elsewhere even at the sale price. Daiwa makes reels for companies like Cabelas and Bass Pro that they put their own names on. These reels typically don't have all the bells and whistles Daiwas own reels have. Here is an example. This reel is obviously made by Daiwa. Cabela's: Cabela's Tournament ZX Spinning Reel Looks like a re-badged Exceler which outclasses every reel in this post. I have one and love it.

Here is a Daiwa Regal. It's one of Daiwa's cheapest reels. It's not aweful but it's basic and heavy. That Daiwa built for Dicks is obviously a Regal with some extra bearing thrown in. Daiwa Regal Spinning Reel - Dick's Sporting Goods

I'd get the Cabelas reel for 10 bucks less before either of the real cheap Daiwas. It's a lighter and more modern Daiwa design.

Need a good cheap reel? Try this one. I was amazed at it's weight and build quality for the price. http://www.fishusa.com/Shakespeare-D...g-Reels_p.html
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-21-2010 at 06:35 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.