Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sandy Cove Pit trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sandy Cove Pit trip

Got back into town around noon yesterday. By 12:30 I was on my way to the Sandy Cove Pit next to the levee. I had expectations of catching a bunch of sac-a-lait. I caught two keepers and one large bass.
    I noticed as I trolled along that there were hundreds of bream all right below the surface about 15-20 feet from the bank. They were just hovering there not moving very much. ? Never saw that before.
    Around 6:00 pm the surface of the water was covered with bait fish. I really thought I would get a good bite out of this, but that was not the case.
    I quess I would have needed to stay awhile longer to see if the sac-a-lait would have come up to eat. BUT! The mosquitoes are too big after dark!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Deacon......sounds just like NW LA, been like that all summer here, with a just a handfull of days that a few were caught. The most frustrating thing is that you can see them, but as far as catching them, they might as well be on another planet. You ain't by yourself, mon ami, but good luck anyway.....

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon wish you would have called I to was home for 12:00 and started to hook up but didn't feel like going alone.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{