Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin

I have a trip planned to Login Martin in about a 2weeks. The first stop looks to be cropwell creek. My map does'nt show any ramps. Is there a good ramp there? Also do you know if the lake is low and will that be a problem? This is our first trip there. Thanks in advance for your help
    CVA62.....64-68

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Logan Martin

There are 2 places to launch in Cropwell Creek area, they are Lakeside Landing and Town & Country Food Mart (BP station). The water is over 5 feet low now so you need to be very carefull launching anywhere. As far as fishing you should be able to catch a limit without ever leaving Cropwell. If you wanted to go somewhere else there are lots of other good places. The creek where Coosa Island Marina & Rabbit Branch is would be another good choice. I would not recommend launching down there with the water this low. Hope you have a great trip but PLEASE leave a few for me.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

hey rogera I see you live right there on the water. I like fishing the old road bed right out from town and country. haven't there in a while tho'. are you guys still cathing good fish in that area
    Hey where's my float.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, You've been a big help. This started out as a 2 day trip. Then my wife said she also had Firday off and it was her birthday so she made it into 3 days. Darn the thing we married man have to go through ...LOL
    CVA62.....64-68

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rev are you the guy that fished with us a couple of years ago in the Alabama Crappie Association tournament over here? If so good to hear from you again. The answer to the question about catching the good fish off the old road bed is yes. I don't personally fish that area very often but most of my friends hit it every time and they are still catching fish there. Good luck and hope to see yall again soon.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us