Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line color

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line color

hey guys just want yalls input.... I have all my rods lined with the walley marshall high vision(( the neon yellow line)) i was wondering if any one agrees with that or used a different color cause they also sell the camo line.. does it really make a difference ..what are yalls thoughts??? I know the high vision is for nite time but it seems to help seeing the bumps better while trolling .. any advise

Post Thanks / Like

I use plain ol mono line in the "blue" or clear. I usually have to drag bottom so I get hung up alot, and break it off.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic has been covered A LOT, and if you do a search you'll find reams of input on the subject. :D
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's been discussed at length many times. But, I think the consensus would be that the high viz lines are preferred by folks that fish dirty water or the folks that have trouble seeing the line due to eye-sight. Here, our water is very dirty...home lake has about 1' of visibility when it's very clear. Some lakes have maybe 2' at best, so I don't see hi-viz being an issue and prefer it. On the other hand, clear lakes are probably best fished with low-viz lines. Still, many would say that it doesn't matter and they've used hi-viz with good sucess on very clear water.

You can search the forum here for more posts about it, but I think that sums it up pretty good.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried clear line, camo line, and high vis yellow....I cannot tell any difference so I am sticking to high vis yellow.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g3 fisherman View Post
    i have tried clear line, camo line, and high vis yellow....i cannot tell any difference so i am sticking to high vis yellow.
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

I have used high viz line for many years and it serves as a great strike indicator. When fishing clear water I use a 2 ft. clear "tippet" and thus am able to still reap the benefits of the high viz line. In muddy or stained water the crappie pay no attention to the viz. GOOD LUCK!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish I‘ve caught on high-vis have never complained and your correct about being able to see the bumps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    x2

X3

Is a lil muddy most of the time here but I so prefer the excitement of seeing my line jump. I use a cheap Academy Hi Vis green in 8# test 100% of the time & I believe I catch more because I do see the strike even if I don't feel it.

Post Thanks / Like

first I have ever heard of a discussion on line, not, walley marshall yellow, 4 and 6 lb on crappie reels and10lb on long line crank reels
    Last edited by beagle man; 12-15-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: kinda makes you wonder dont it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast