Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You Blessed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are You Blessed?

Please take a few moments to share with the rest of us how you're blessed. This time of year brings out the spiritual part of me and I was sitting here thinking of my life and all the blessings contained therein, and figured all of us have something to be thankful for and to share.

I thank God for my wonderful family, a nice warm home, and plenty to eat. Not all folks living in America can make that claim and they certainly need our prayers.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Blessed! Blessed to be born in a country of freedom, to a family that loves each other. Blessed to be a child of the KING. Blessed to have a loving family of my own. Blessed to have friends to share the joys and deepest hurts of life. Blessed to have a wonderful job. Blessed to have a home. Blessed to have food. Blessed to have clothes. Blessed to have a vehicle. Blessed to have good health. Just a few that come to mind and so many more.

Stink you are right, even here in the greatest country in the world not everyone has these I mentioned. Thank you for helping me realize how blessed I really am.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm blessed because I live in a country were people can and do write threads about being blessed. Where I can get a copy of The Word from a local store for 5 to 8 dollars in at least 3 different legitimate translations without being hunted by my government. I am blessed because I have a wonderful family, who fear the Lord, and plentiful providence from my maker.

Thank you so much for providing for me God, and please bless those in the world who do not have plenty and suffer for trying to know you.
    Ben
    Auburndale, FL

Post Thanks / Like

In his Grace I am blessed. I lived through some serious tribulations, when those who wish you were dead, and have the power to do so, and the Lord wasn't calling my name. Yes, I am blessed for I want not because he has already delivered. This statement is a witness to his Grace! I hope you all have a safe and Merry Christmas! AMEN
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I am blessed for the life I have...just being born was a miracle and being born in the best country in the world makes me more blessed. I am blessed for the freedom I have to chose what I want, say what I want and be the person I want. I am blessed for the wonderful husband I have and the family I have. I am blessed for the closeness I feel to the Lord. I think I am almost overblessed...can that be possiable? Love you all and have a very Merry Christmas.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm blessed with everything already mentioned and then some. It's sad seeing those less fortunate.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterodie View Post
    Very Blessed! Blessed to be born in a country of freedom, to a family that loves each other. Blessed to be a child of the KING. Blessed to have a loving family of my own. Blessed to have friends to share the joys and deepest hurts of life. Blessed to have a wonderful job. Blessed to have a home. Blessed to have food. Blessed to have clothes. Blessed to have a vehicle. Blessed to have good health. Just a few that come to mind and so many more.

Stink you are right, even here in the greatest country in the world not everyone has these I mentioned. Thank you for helping me realize how blessed I really am.

Odie
    X2 and more

As I write this, I'm sitting at a table in the dark, looking over at my Dad lying in a bed barely conscious, who, in a few days or less, will be going to be with the Lord. Some have said that I have every right to be bitter about this. I'm not even though it's painful to watch him go through this and not be able to do anything about it other than try and make him comfortable. I'm blessed to have been born in this Country to a family who loved me. With a Dad and Mom who sacrificed so that I could have a better life with more opportunities than they did.

Blessed with a Dad who believed in hard work and who would stand up for his children when someone tried to do them wrong. A Mom and Dad who taught them right from wrong and to always count their blessings because they could be less fortunate than others. A Mom and Dad who always instilled in me that is was better to be a giver than a taker. Blessed to have a Dad who took me outdoors and who may not have been the best hunter or fisherman, but he always tried hard. A Dad who taught me to work hard to get ahead instead of trying to find every little shortcut.

I'm blessed because I know my Dad has the Lord in his heart and we don't have to hide in shadows to believe how we want or fear prosecution for being a Christian and telling the Good News.

I have been blessed with a Wife who would lay down her life for me and a beautiful daughter who brings us immense joy.

I've been blessed with a great Church family and a great Pastor who drove over an hour today to spend 30 minutes with me and my family comforting us before returning back home.

I'm bless to live in a State that seems to have a body of water with fish in it nearly anywhere you look. I'm blessed because I can choose to fish in these waters as well as hunt the ample land this State has.

I'm blessed that I can drive where I want, when I want and not have to worry about showing "my papers" to some government official. I'm bless that I live in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave and I'm blessed that there are still people who believe in defending such rights and freedoms.

I'm blessed also to have found this site and to have met many of you.

In writing this, I learned that I am blessed in too many ways to count. In short, as I try and tell people who ask me "How I'm doing", I smile and say "I'm blessed and highly favored", and I"m blessed because I KNOW this is true!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okiedon - I assume you have hospice assisting you at this time. I was in your shoes this summer and early Fall. I watched my Mother slowly decline over 5 years. When death came a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders, a burden that I did not fully realize I was carrying. I administered the morphine a couple of times daily to keep her comfortable. If you have hospice you know what I am talking about. She did not suffer and was able to die in her own home surrounded by people that loved her. Your father will do the same. Cherish these last few moments and know in your heart that you did everything you could to honor him in life and comfort him as he slowly releases his earthly bonds and ascends into the light. He will be at peace and so will you. Vaja con Dios.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been blessed in ways that I didn't think were blessings at first. I lost my job about a year and a half ago, looking for work to no avail. During the time that I had away from working I got to know many of my neighbors that I had bearly met before, I got to spend a summer vacation with my son doing chores and going fishing. I found out that I had high blood pressure that if had be left untreated I would be with the Lord now instead of with my family. I have a stronger relationship with God through all of this because He blessed my family and I. We had everything we needed during that time and really found out what was important in our lives. HE allows me to play with HIS creations, and I thank HIM everytime one gets on the line. I hope that everyone remembers to count the blessings they have this year and look for the blessings when you don't think there are any to be had. I also hope all of you remeber to thank GOD for allowing us to play with HIS toys.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank all of you that took a moment and entered a reply here relating how you've been blessed. I really enjoyed reading what you have shared.

I'd like to encourage others to share also and remember, a blessing is best shared and given away. Blessings cannot grow if they're kept to one's self.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast