Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden Hearing Loss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sudden Hearing Loss

Well over the past month I've been dealing with a sudden hearing loss in my left ear. After 4 appointments, 2 hearing tests and 2 OAE tests I was diagnosed as legally deaf in my left ear (got the call this morning).

Anyone ever have this happen??

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but it usually only happens when my wife is giving me a list of things to do.

Post Thanks / Like

No and I have shot guns my entire life and didn't start wearing protection until maybe 15 years ago. Man you are having a time of it huh? Did they say it can get better or is it lost for good?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad news. Hope it's something that you can reverse.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to read you are having troubles. I hope things start improving soon with your hip and hearing. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that Fatman. After 30 yrs. of blowing the horn of a locomotive, my hearing isn't what it used to be. I hope yours can be reversed somehow.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

Post Thanks / Like

That's rough. Do they know what happened and is your other ear at risk? Sorry about your troubles.

Post Thanks / Like

dang man, sorry to hear that, hope it comes back, I sorta had a deal like that, mine ended up being an infection, cleard up the infection,hearing came back that was long time ago. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I spent 33 years working around aircraft both in the Navy and under contract to the Navy and my right ear is real bad, just ask ScottV. I know folks get mad about me asking again. Thinking about a hearing aid, good luck with your hearing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It happened to me a few years ago. Not trying to scare you, but a good audiologist will usually order a CT scan or MRI in a patient with sudden one sided hearing loss to see if there might an acoustic neuroma, which is a non-cancerous tumor on the nerve that connects your ear to your brain. You don't say whether they had you do a scan done. It's probably not an acoustic neuroma, but it might be worth checking it out.

Mine was caused by playing in loud bands when I was younger. Although the damage occurred over a long period of time of being exposed to loud sounds, it seemed like I lost most of my hearing overnight many years later. I now wear hearing aids in both ears. I miss being able to hear the birds singing and frogs croaking when I'm on the lake and things like that.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast