Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sufix Superior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sufix Superior

I'm thinking about changing line on all my reels. I'm using 10 lb Berkley Big Game right now and want to switch to hi vis yellow. It works pretty good, but isn't very abrasive resistant. I'm usually spider rigging. Was wondering if anyone has used Sufix Superior. It's a good bit cheaper than the elite. Heard good things about the elite, just was wondering if the Superior was good too. It's actually a salt water line.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Academy and checked out the Elite and Superior lines. The Elite is a much better line from just seeing and touching it. Ordered some hi vis elite off the net and will test it out. It past my knot test. What I do is tie a knot in the line and see if i can break it. At 8 and below you can break it but with 10 lb test it is very difficult and sometimes impossible without cutting into your hands trying. With the Elite, I couldn't break it. I have had a lot of problems in the past with my line breaking at the knot when it shouldn't have broke so easily. Thats why I do the test. I test my knot after I tie also. I'm using a good knot, lubricating it before tying. I hold the jig and pull on the line tightly. If I have a good knot, I can't break it. I've had some bad line in the past. It happened several times in a row.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How much was the elite line? There's always issues with line breakage when dealing with cheaper line (although Trilene should be a good line).:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Elite is mono and superior is copolymer. The superior will have more strength, abrasion resistance and very little stretch. The elite is a stretchy line. They are very different lines.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

hows the memory on the superior?
    Get some stink on your hands!

Post Thanks / Like

As a rule copolys are more limp than mono. I have not used superior, but I have used Sufix promix, another copoly from Sufix a lot and it is very limp. The other copolys I have used, Berkley Maxx, McCoy, TripleFish, Gamma, have all been limper than mono with the exception of Pline which I thought was as coily as mono and thicker than other copolys. Of course that was 10 yrs ago when I first started using copolys and Pline may have improved since then. It's still one of the strogest lines i have uses pound for pound and it's the line that launched my love for copolymer lines.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The sufix elite was 8.99 for 300 or 330 yards. The quarter pound of superior was about 8 bucks. The elite is more expensive than the superior. I wonder which one is better now.