Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie nibble discussion. Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibble discussion. Your thoughts?

I had one of those wierd days were I started nit picking my gear a while back. I have always fished chart crappie nibbles and loved them. I did realize how ever that maybe I'm only taking advantage of scent aspect since I almost always fish a glow chart tube. I have since bought some of the silver sparkel (platnium) nibbles and think it makes more sense by adding contrast and leaves realistic minnow scales in the water. Whatcha think, is it worth consideration? Or just put on a nibble of any color and fish?
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a believer in nibbles, no particular color, it is the scent that is important. I even dip jigs in menhaden oil all the time (stick cotton up tubes and dip in oil), it makes a big difference to the fish. I would like to try the nibbles with scales in them, just have not seen them on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont use them very much but interested in hearing the results here.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the chart. ones all the time have used the sparkle kind but I always end up with glitter all over me.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't fish without them.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default glitter

I use them sometimes, but not always. I would HIGHLY recommend not rubbing your face while using the glitter nibbles!!!! I believe they help and are worth the time and money to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the nibbles but found I could not keep them on hook very long
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MePreach View Post
    I tried the nibbles but found I could not keep them on hook very long
    A tip posted by someone else on this forum that works well for me is to let them dry some while fishing before hooking. I shake a few out into the lid and fish 'em all day. Plus, in the lid, I can stick the hook in 'em and don't have to dig them out of the jar. I get less glitter all over that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the day where it didn't seem to matter if you had one on or not and I've seen the day where if you didn't you could forget about getting bit. I fish 'em a lot more than I don't because of that. That's a good way to "toughen" them up a little is to shake some out and let them sit out for a bit, I don't recommend in the direct sunlight though because then they go too far the other way and are hard to get to stay on the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    I use the chart. ones all the time have used the sparkle kind but I always end up with glitter all over me.
    tear-em-up I'm with you. I use the chart ones all the time but the other ones the glitter ends up all over me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast