Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton Lake Video from yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Lake Video from yesterday

Here is our outing yesterday at Clinton Lake..I need a tripod, but this will have to do!
    YouTube - Clinton, 11 20 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the vid! Fog isn't saying the word... LOL How cold was it?

Post Thanks / Like

It was about 45 degrees all day..

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I really enjoyed that video!!!! I have a few questions from a rookie if you don't mind me asking

1. how long are those rods?

2. maybe I couldnt see the pieces of structure you were dropping the jigs on but were you always dropping the jigs on some type of stump or do you fish the banks that way even if you don't think there is a piece of sturctue there?? in otherwords do you just go down a bank like that even if there was no structure???? Sorry for all the questions............... Just trying to learn...... Thank you for your time. Rob Wash Georgetown ohio.....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow foggy but man catching had to have kept you guys warm

Fatman

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That fog was tough yesterday, I agree it was thick at Carlyle too
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice video Greg and Luke! Smacken some nice fish has a way of keeping you warm when it's cold huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Man I really enjoyed that video!!!! I have a few questions from a rookie if you don't mind me asking

1. how long are those rods?

2. maybe I couldnt see the pieces of structure you were dropping the jigs on but were you always dropping the jigs on some type of stump or do you fish the banks that way even if you don't think there is a piece of sturctue there?? in otherwords do you just go down a bank like that even if there was no structure???? Sorry for all the questions............... Just trying to learn...... Thank you for your time. Rob Wash Georgetown ohio.....
    I use a 12' BNM rod..My brother at the front of the boat like the 11' BNM...Sometimes I will use a 10 footer, but I am mainly 12 foot when vertical jiggin...In the video we are very cloe to the bank, yes..But on this lake it goes from 4-15fow in a hurry..There is all kinds of stumps and laydowns parrallel to the bank where the old bank had fallen in over the years..Now sometimes when the fish are on the move, we will fish the drops where there is not a lot of structure because they will sit on these drops/humps and ambush baitfish as they come over the drop..95% of the time, we are on some sort of hidden structure!

Post Thanks / Like

It really wasnt too cold honestly..Maybe it was cuz I had the Hooked Fishing hoodie on!! We need our rod tips to have ice on them at this lake, that is when the big boys turn on!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pvasst1 View Post
    Another nice video Greg and Luke! Smacken some nice fish has a way of keeping you warm when it's cold huh?