Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: got some new molds

Post Thanks / Like

Default got some new molds

i had made an order for some odds n ends tuesday i think it was.everything arrived today.sometime soon i will be doin some more pouring :D can't wait to use the new molds *drool* also got another quart of plastisol,still got a little left downstairs.also got some new chenilles to work with

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bxn View Post
    i had made an order for some odds n ends tuesday i think it was.everything arrived today.sometime soon i will be doin some more pouring :D can't wait to use the new molds *drool* also got another quart of plastisol,still got a little left downstairs.also got some new chenilles to work with
    I hope we get to see some a your new plastic baits from your new molds.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait to see the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

one these days i'll do a pour downstairs.my dad got a used microwave for cheap at a yard sale.gonna try using that to heat things up instead of the hotplate.maybe it will be less messy and less or no burnt plastic involved

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bxn View Post
    one these days i'll do a pour downstairs.my dad got a used microwave for cheap at a yard sale.gonna try using that to heat things up instead of the hotplate.maybe it will be less messy and less or no burnt plastic involved
    yes you will have better luck with the microwave just keep a close eye on it when it's cooking you can burn it in the microwave. If you're not putting too much plastic in a container. It will burn fast, so keep a constant eye and keep stirring it quite often and you won't have any problems. We use the microwave. 99% of the time. We do have Prestel pots but I do not like them. They are good because of the stirring constantly you do not get any air bubbles. The only problem is if you make a batch in one of them you got quite a bit of plastic and you cannot reheated the plastic in a Prestel pot worth a darn. So that's why I prefer a microwave because you can re-melt everything

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

microwave is the way to go

Post Thanks / Like

maybe tomoro if im not too lazy,i will do some pours with new molds and the microwave.hafta find the pyrex containers downstairs first tho