Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I done good

Post Thanks / Like

Default I done good

I bought a boat last fall, it's an older Champion '85 18'/150 BlackMax and on some advice from fishing mentors (ksfish99) and others, I did the protection checklist. Good hull, had a couple "dings" very minimal stress cracking, the motor checked out perfect. The trailer looked fine, matched up perfect for the boat. The trailer was my oversight, my boats riding on my new graph. But, after a little investment it's better than expected, I'm not using as much gas to pull it, the fuel savings on three trips is about 15 gal. WOW, that'll add up quick. And tires, thats a story of it's own.
    Well, the boat leaked (which the previous owner stated) but I knew where those problems would be. With my trailer down time I proceeded to dry this old girl up. On Champions everythings unconveniently located under the gas tank, so I pulled the tank and drained it. That was a good idea, now there's no water in the tank (about 1pt). I fixed the gate valves for the back livewell, completely disconnected the front one, new check-valve for the overflow, a few feet of hose, new bilge pump and now she's dry with no leakage. When I pull the plug after fishing its dry.
    It's an older boat and everything was original, which means replacement things are coming. These are the things between a boat owners best days. But they're managable and after using my new toy I will do whatever I need to. Like I said, I've gotten three trips in and they were good ones with 1 being awesome. I pounded the s*#t out of the wallys yesterday (1-26",2-25",2-24", threw 6 19"-22" back). "I done good" fishing and on my ventures of boat ownership. I think I've sealed my fate and I accept the fact that this boat is gonna die with me, a little upkeep and I"m fishing. Some of the advice and pointers from the forum, mentors, and fellow fisherman have helped immensely. Thanks to all and ksfish99. Good luck
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

THAT OLD FART KNOWS OLD CHAMPIONS!!! It's in his blood. Congrats!!! Lots of hard work paying off. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm envious, that's quite a nice stringer of wallys, I haven't heard of anyone doing that good for awhile. Congrats on your new ride and oh which lake?
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the boat and the fishing an on that you will be married to your new boat
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

any pics of boat would like to see
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice walleye. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I have no pictures. The camera thing is kinda taboo at my house now, my teenagers have destroyed 2 cameras and the ports on my computer so I couldn't post anyway. My buddy has his phone full of pictures and sends them to torture people at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to name your boat like ksfish99 did his boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Are you going to name your boat like ksfish99 did his boat?
    Mike Pearce was the one who named ksfish99 boat I believe.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you bought a keeper and have got her RIGHT too. Congrats on the walleyes .
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.