Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prices for getting started

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prices for getting started

Several people in the past have wanted to get a general idea of what it cost to get started into making plastics. This is a very hard question to answer because you can go from simple to broad. There are several different suppliers to buy from and different prices. What I have done is put together some pricing from a few different suppliers and figured up 3 different scenarios for getting started. One goes from very basic, the next to a little more, and the third to a semi advanced. None of these are scenarios get really involved but the 3rd one will allow you to do quite a bit of stuff. Remember that these are just general ideas and nothing specific. Some people might dissagree a little with these and some people will agree. My attempt is to only give you ideas to think about if you are thinking about getting into making plastics. I did not list exactly everything you will need. There me be small little odds and ends thing that you need also, I just mainly tried to touch on the major things needed. I hope this will help some of you. This set up is for microwave use and I included a price for just a basic small microwave, no need really for anything fancy. If you have an old one then you can subtract this price. Please do not use the one you use to heat the food you eat daily.

lite beginner beginner semi advanced

1 quart plastic $14.50 1 gallon $30.50 2.5 gallon $68.50
    10 paint colors $33.50 20 colors $91 40 colors $182
    gloves $5.50 gloves $5.50 gloves $5.50
    safety glasses $5.00 glasses $5.00 glasses $5.00
    glitter 3 colors $11.25 5 colors $18.75 7 colors $26.25
    2 pyrex cups $12 2 cups $12 2 cups $12
    2 molds $120 3 molds $180 5 molds $300
    microwave $60 microwave$60 microwave$60

total $261.75 $402.75 $659.25

please remember these are just general ideas and your actual price may be a little higher or lower. I just wanted to give you a ball park figure. several people ask the question of what it costs to get started and never really get a general idea. I hope in some way this helps. for others who make plastics if you do not feel this is a good little basic idea, please constructively add to it or mention other things.
    Likes snake River, shipahoy41, bluedrifter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about this post, can the moderator please delete it, I was trying to help beginners out but it did not post the message the same way I had it divided up in the type box.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    sorry about this post, can the moderator please delete it, I was trying to help beginners out but it did not post the message the same way I had it divided up in the type box.
    seeker. I see nothing wrong with your post. Just add to it. Down below and it is very well put. I say good job

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks snake, I actually had it divided up and seperated in each category. However when i posted it, the page ran it all together for some reason. You can still make sense of it I guess. I just wanted to help people get a general idea because several people ask about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    seeker. I see nothing wrong with your post. Just add to it. Down below and it is very well put. I say good job

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    thanks snake, I actually had it divided up and seperated in each category. However when i posted it, the page ran it all together for some reason. You can still make sense of it I guess. I just wanted to help people get a general idea because several people ask about it.
    on any case, it made sense to me. You did a good job and you get the general idea of what it's going to cost you to get started . And I think you did a great job. There. I think you're right in the ballpark with the prices that you post it .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

It really costs more than one might think to even do the basics, however it is not real bad. The bad part is, once you get started, you just keep on buying, you are never satisfied with what you have. There are so many things you can do and it gets addictive.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it will help newbies see the amount of money it takes to get started. Thanks for taking the time to get this info together and posting it.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

thanks stump and your welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    I believe it will help newbies see the amount of money it takes to get started. Thanks for taking the time to get this info together and posting it.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prices for getting started

>
    Seeker I hope you don't mind me doing this. This is how I have had to do post like this in the past.

Several people in the past have wanted to get a general idea of what it cost to get started into making plastics. This is a very hard question to answer because you can go from simple to broad. There are several different suppliers to buy from and different prices. What I have done is put together some pricing from a few different suppliers and figured up 3 different scenarios for getting started. One goes from very basic, the next to a little more, and the third to a semi advanced. None of these are scenarios get really involved but the 3rd one will allow you to do quite a bit of stuff. Remember that these are just general ideas and nothing specific. Some people might dissagree a little with these and some people will agree. My attempt is to only give you ideas to think about if you are thinking about getting into making plastics. I did not list exactly everything you will need. There me be small little odds and ends thing that you need also, I just mainly tried to touch on the major things needed. I hope this will help some of you. This set up is for microwave use and I included a price for just a basic small microwave, no need really for anything fancy. If you have an old one then you can subtract this price. Please do not use the one you use to heat the food you eat daily.

lite beginner -------------------------------------beginner ---------------------------------semi advanced

1 quart plastic $14.50 --------------------------- 1 gallon $30.50 ------------------------- 2.5 gallon $68.50
    10 paint colors $33.50 -------------------------- 20 colors $91 -----------------------------40 colors $182
    gloves $5.50 ------------------------------------ gloves $5.50 ----------------------------gloves $5.50
    safety glasses $5.00 -----------------------------glasses $5.00 ----------------------------glasses $5.00
    glitter 3 colors $11.25 --------------------------- 5 colors $18.75 --------------------------7 colors $26.25
    2 pyrex cups $12-------------------------------- 2 cups $12------------------------------- 2 cups $12
    2 molds $120 ------------------------------------3 molds $180 ----------------------------5 molds $300
    microwave $60----------------------------------- microwave$60--------------------------- microwave$60

total $261.75------------------------------------- $402.75----------------------------------- $659.25

please remember these are just general ideas and your actual price may be a little higher or lower. I just wanted to give you a ball park figure. several people ask the question of what it costs to get started and never really get a general idea. I hope in some way this helps. for others who make plastics if you do not feel this is a good little basic idea, please constructively add to it or mention other things.

Post Thanks / Like

jigging15 now explain to me how you got it this way. That is exactly the way I had it typed up in the post window. However when I went to submit it, it jumbled it all together. I even pulled it back for editing to try and fix it and it still would not work. Whatever you did got it the way I wanted it to start with. So I appreciate you doing that. Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast