Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where is the Sir Vivor?

Tightline Tom Guest

Default Where is the Sir Vivor?

I just got back from visiting my brother in Minden Louisiana and saw a really nice boat that was for sale. It was called a Sie Vivor (I think that's how it's spelled). Does anyone know who makes them? I have searched the internet and am unable to find them . Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.windsongproductions.com/T...s/pantera.html

are you looking for this? If so, that's one top shelf fishin' boat. :D

Tightline Tom Guest

You might have some trouble getting to some of the brushtops on lake Bistneau with that one. The one I saw is a Bomber style, fibergals, stick steering, and had a 25 Merc on it. It looks like it would be perfect for panfishing the lakes back home. It was a 2003 model, 15' with a $5900 price tag. It got me real interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tightline Tom.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tightline Tom
    You might have some trouble getting to some of the brushtops on lake Bistneau with that one. The one I saw is a Bomber style, fibergals, stick steering, and had a 25 Merc on it. It looks like it would be perfect for panfishing the lakes back home. It was a 2003 model, 15' with a $5900 price tag. It got me real interested.

Hey, Tom........I can't help you much with the boat, I've never heard of it either, but if I run across anything about it, I will let you know.

Welcome to the LA board and crappie.com. I noticed you fish Bistineau, so I must assume you live somewhere in the NW LA area. I've been trying to increase member numbers in this area for months, with little success. I hope you will be around to post your fishing trips for us, our NW LA membership is 4, but will be 5 if you're from our area. My son lives on Bistineau, on Horseshoe Circle, just off Dorcheat on the N. end of the lake. With good numbers, we can help each other via posting fishing reports on whatever lake we are fishing, which is a huge advantage. With Bistineau drawn down, we are now fishing the surrounding lakes, including the Red River. With all the rain in the past 6 weeks, Bistineau has risen a couple feet, but they still have the dam wide open. So far, the best we have done has been in 12 Mile Bayou, and even there crappie are inconsistent, but a few is better than none. When you get back on site, check out the LA board and drop us a post.

Tightline Tom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Hey, Tom........I can't help you much with the boat, I've never heard of it either, but if I run across anything about it, I will let you know.

Welcome to the LA board and crappie.com. I noticed you fish Bistineau, so I must assume you live somewhere in the NW LA area. I've been trying to increase member numbers in this area for months, with little success. I hope you will be around to post your fishing trips for us, our NW LA membership is 4, but will be 5 if you're from our area. My son lives on Bistineau, on Horseshoe Circle, just off Dorcheat on the N. end of the lake. With good numbers, we can help each other via posting fishing reports on whatever lake we are fishing, which is a huge advantage. With Bistineau drawn down, we are now fishing the surrounding lakes, including the Red River. With all the rain in the past 6 weeks, Bistineau has risen a couple feet, but they still have the dam wide open. So far, the best we have done has been in 12 Mile Bayou, and even there crappie are inconsistent, but a few is better than none. When you get back on site, check out the LA board and drop us a post.

Tightline Tom Guest

Glad to hear from you. I am originally from Gibsland La (on I-20 between Minden and Arcadia). I have been fishing Bistneau since 1958. Unfortunately, there was a 27 year span (in the Army) where I only fished when I went home on leave. I am working in Augusta Georgia but plan on retiring in 5 or 6 years to the North La area.
    I found out that Smith's Marine in Minden is the maker of that boat. It was the old Tidecraft factory. I understand that Tidecraft went Bankrupt but they retained the mold for the boat they now call the "Sir Vivor", I now understand why they call it that.

Anyway, A couple of my friends and I are coming down for a week of fishing in the Jan/Feb timeframe. Hopefully between Lakes Claiborne, Caney, Bistneas, and Kepler we will find some water. It will be a blast anyway, I can't wait for my friends (yankees all) to see the Sportsmans Paradise. I will keep visiting the forums to stay on top of things.

See ya