Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sardis Spillway

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Spillway

The Sardis spillway is running about 85% full flow. There are a lot of fish in the spillway, but very few can be caught legally. A lot of snagging is happening, and the Game and Fish folks are working hard writing tickets.

A friend of mine kept (3) good fish that were snagged (with a jig and float)and it cost him $400. Two undercover agents were fishing next to him, and they didn't say a word while he was fishing, wrote him a ticket when he started to leave.

If you are fishing the spillway, DO NOT keep any fish that are snagged past the gill plates.

Post Thanks / Like

Pops, was that you talkd to briefly last weekend at Sardis spillway? I was the big fella in waders. You came down and tried a few casts, then left. This guy also said his friend was ticketed.

Just curious
    Been better, been worse

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Spillway

CaptnT, I was in my boat last Saturday, checking out carb. rebuild. I fished in the S. cove right below the spillway for a couple of hours. That is where I saw the good fish caught. I tried the boat again Wed. and got blown off the lower lake by the predicted "5-10" winds that gusted to 15-20! I fished the S. side of the spillway Fri. and caught 14 decent fish.

I normally will go to boat fishing the lower lake by Feb. just to get away from the crowds, but for some reason the lower lake mats are not producing fish yet. All the good fish seem to be in, or next to, the spillway.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Friday and Sat. spillway

Pops,

I was down there early Friday and Sat. fished the Batesville side out out at the mouth of spillway both days. Keep 15 decent crappie with 5 hogs in the mix at least for me. They seemed to be a little further out from the bank on Friday in the 5-6ft range. On Sat. didnt think it would be a good day because of all the rains a little cooler but it seemed to a better day for some not for me I managed 9 decent fish no hogs. They were closer to banks Friday people that were fishing further down from me were catching bigger fish in a ditch or run off .

Post Thanks / Like

Wink mats and brush tops

Pops,

I tried the lower lake about a week ago fished those mats and ect. I think it was right after the rain didnt catch a fish and only got one strike. Pops send me a e-mail if you will or post when the fishing starts picking up on the lower lake especially around those mats and brush.

Thanks
    Spawner