Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New format

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New format

I'm used to the new format as we use it on an outboard repair board but I really mus say the smilies stink!! I feel better now.:D
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

:DLOL @ Bill
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to agree, to a degree, with Bill. With the new format being so "bright", and open ... the Smilies are washed out, almost to the point of making them look indistinguishable from each other. There's also no longer a choice box for Emoticons (smilies) ... so you have to know how to "create" them (what letters/symbols to use).

One other little "phenomenon" that I've noticed .... is that the end word of the first sentence, is sometimes duplicated as the first word of the second sentence line. I had previously thought this was due to the advertisement square being inside the message. But, I've experienced it since then ... when the advertisements were not within the message frame.
    One other thing that's a bit disconcerting, and may be a problem for newbies & the computer challenged, alike .... is that links are not highlighted, until you put your cursor on them.

Even so .... I trust that the Boss is tweaking things, and will have the site looking good, being user friendly, and still be secure ... if we just give him the time to do it. Security IS of the utmost importance, since without it ... we wouldn't have the site to begin with. We've already seen what hack attacks can do, and how spammers & spambot programs can disrupt things. We've survived several format changes, in the past, and we'll get through this one.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it's a testament to Slabs attention to our needs and wants on CC that something as small as a forum software switch has made many of us notice what great work he has done for us over the years making the status quo here such a smooth enjoyable ride. CC has become for many a necessity/essential in our day to day lives like a vacuum cleaner or toaster. One thing he has earned is our trust, and now deserves some patience. I trust Slab to have CC better than it was in no time.

I suggest a sticky about the new format for questions and trouble reports until CC has us all lulled back into our comfort zones again, so people don't need to start new threads when they have questions, gripes or problems.

Thanks for lookin our for us Slab. Your doing a great job.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of sites have a forum just for problems using the site. It would save Ed from having to look everywhere for problems posted. Mods could move any related post to that forum.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    There's also no longer a choice box for Emoticons (smilies) ... so you have to know how to "create" them (what letters/symbols to use).

... cp
    You have to click n "Go Advanced"- Whee, there be the smilies.:D
    I like this site way better now than before the change.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot how to make the fonts bigger. Push ctrl and something, maybe? please help my straining eyes.....
    :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chap View Post
    I forgot how to make the fonts bigger. Push ctrl and something, maybe? please help my straining eyes.....
    When replying Click the "go advanced" button and it is there.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chap View Post
    Hold down the control key and rotate the wheel on your mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you GCD, lots easier to read......
    :rolleyes: